PDA

View Full Version : Left Hand closed

Rob
March 29th, 2012, 05:55 PM
http://www.timescall.com/news/longmont-local-news/ci_20283798/forest-service-close-lefthand-canyon-off-highway-vehicle

Brad
March 29th, 2012, 06:13 PM
No surprise there.

Jackie
March 29th, 2012, 09:27 PM
With the dry weather... more closures are sure to follow....

Jackie
March 29th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Scrat - if you can actually get approval for that.. I will volunteer to help with the clean-up I have never run that trail because I have read so many bad things about it.

If I know i'm going with a good group and I don't have to worry about a bunch of drunk-shooters out there, I would be happy to pitch-in.

Good luck! :thumb:

RockyMtnHigh
March 30th, 2012, 12:32 AM
"The county appreciates the Forest Service's proactive stance during this time of very high fire danger and resource issues," Pelle said in a statement."

This is actually kind of comical since it was none other than the Forest Service who set the largest blaze this year on a windy day!

Maybe we should close it off to them! :mad:

Brody
March 30th, 2012, 07:11 AM
"Proactive" meaning that the FS set the fire then let it get out of control. That gives a new meaning to "job security". Kinda along the same lines of me building a house, setting fire to it, then contracting to rebuild it....Of course, I would probably get into some serious **** for doing that, but I am not a part of the "all knowing, wise, for the people, etc" governing body. Crock of shitski....

We may as well kiss this canyon off the list and look for all the asshats that trashed that trail to move into the Bunce/Ironclad area so they they can proceed to do the same trashing out there....with the same end results...

Rob
March 30th, 2012, 11:24 PM
the Forest Service who set the largest blaze this year on a windy day

Ah, but it was the state forest service, not the feds. Still, you gotta wonder about all of them.

Gossamer
April 8th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Agreed !!!

ccbruin
April 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM
This sucks! it was awesome having a trail 20 minutes away

Pathrat
April 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Ah, but it was the state forest service, not the feds. Still, you gotta wonder about all of them.

I am compelled to mention that my step-dad has volunteered/worked for the Forest Service as a Wilderness Ranger for years. He and my mom cleaned out countless fire pits and picked up after numerous ass-hats. Let's not generalize the actions of a few to a whole group. That is like saying all wheelers are environment killers who trash public lands.

Stay The Trail Ambassadors
April 10th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Volunteering to assist with a clean-up does buy a goodwill from any district. Last year we cleaned up the shooting area with a big group from the Trail Ridge Runners and Boulder County Trail Riders (2-wheel club). It was interesting to see how many shooters drove up, saw it was closed for a clean-up and turned around. Only a few left their guns in the truck and joined in to help out.
If you are serious about creating a clean-up, I can put you in touch with the club president from BCTR who has organized the last few. I also would encourage any Boulder locals to attend the monthly Boulder RD OHV Meeting. It is held at the district office, typically last Thursday of the month, at 5pm. Really good opportunity to be apart of the OHV discussion and find how we can all help maintain our opportunities in the area.

Stay The Trail Ambassadors
April 11th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Got the info on the upcoming Boulder RD OHV meeting. It will be held on April 19th this month. Again, its held at the Boulder RD office at 5pm.

Max
April 11th, 2012, 02:30 PM
The location is 2140 Yarmouth Avenue, Boulder, CO 80301 - (303) 444-6600

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=US+Forestry+Department&cid=14083236292017198016

Heather
April 18th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Anybody else planning on attending this meeting?