PDA

View Full Version : Warn VR10000?

Errinjan
March 12th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Any idea how hard it is to disassemble and reassemble this winch. I ended up breaking two dog ears off the drum support. It needs replaced, I found a warn kit online ($85-$135) Of course it's on the motor end. Looks like if it was the other end it would be quite a bit easier.

Hypoid
March 12th, 2012, 10:50 PM
I looked up the drawing on Warn's website. It looks like an hour of bench time. Getting it off the bumper may prove to be the challenge. :)

Jeepfreak
March 13th, 2012, 12:06 AM
its simple, take the two spacer bars between the motor and the gear housing off and the whole winch will seperate, then take the screws out of the end of the motor just like if you where working on any motor and the housing will slide off of the base. replace the old with the new and put it back together. :) If you have the model that has the bolts on the inside next to the drum instead of on the end of the motor case when you disassemble the winch you will be able to get to those and take them out. Some of the winches have been water proofed and will have silicone holding the things together so just take a razor and cut around the peice and it should allow it to move easier. Hope that was helpful, let me know.:thumb:

Jeepfreak
March 13th, 2012, 12:17 AM
http://www.warn.com/truck/ReplacementParts/parts/294/86254A1_ps.pdf
this might help

Errinjan
March 13th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Thanks, I'll probably just pull the winch plate and all.

Cr33p3r
March 13th, 2012, 08:45 AM
It is not too hard of a job to do I had to do the same thing two summers ago on one of my winches for the same thing. If you can remember how it comes apart when you go to put it back together then you will be fine.