PDA

View Full Version : Ford Raptors on Hells Revenge

Java
March 4th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I love this truck, I think it's the best OEM pickup ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjMBlxq99dY&feature=share

Brody
March 4th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Thanks, Paul!

Aaron
March 4th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I lover that truck. Thought of trading the jeep and my truck for that. Unfortunately too many Colorado trails would be too tight :-(

Java
March 4th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Just dreaming, but if I like ATVs enough I might sell the Jeep and get a red one with a matching red ATV for the bed. Monkeys might fly out my butt too, you never know.

Aaron
March 4th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I think they are getting 15 to 20k over msrp right now for these.

Java
March 4th, 2012, 07:44 AM
might as well be a million... but I can dream!!

sdhill
March 4th, 2012, 07:50 AM
They are sooo fun to drive. That 6.2L makes great power. Last I read the average Raptor is on a dealers lot for 3 days.

Java
March 4th, 2012, 07:54 AM
the best part is the factory warranty covers all the stupid you can throw at it. I'm not surprised they sell so high and fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxyzTAnF1lY&feature=related

sdhill
March 4th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Yeah, having the factory warranty to back you up when you beat the living piss out of it would be so nice. I would be hesitant to take a tuck that expensive and nice on most Colorado trails though.

Kory
March 4th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I'll take two please. :P

jesse05lj
March 4th, 2012, 08:17 AM
The Ford Rapter is a sweet rig

Cr33p3r
March 4th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Adrian has test driven a few for the dealer he works at and has posted pics of a speed almost double the legal highway limit when they first hit the market. Best part is they are truly offroad & race ready from the factory. At work there has been 5 of them pop up in the last year, just wish I had one but not the payments!

Rick
March 4th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Unfortunately too many Colorado trails would be too tight :-(
you are right!!!!

Talus
March 4th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Unfortunately too many Colorado trails would be too tight :-(

The truck would only be too wide the first time through... ;)

Beefy
March 5th, 2012, 08:03 AM
O'Meara Ford has had one in front of their dealership for a while now. It's silver. Awesome looking but pricey.

gm4x4lover
March 5th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Yeah, having the factory warranty to back you up when you beat the living piss out of it would be so nice. I would be hesitant to take a tuck that expensive and nice on most Colorado trails though.

Not nearly as backed up as you would think. Google raptor frame issue and see how ford is handling those.

Ardent
March 5th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Not nearly as backed up as you would think. Google raptor frame issue and see how ford is handling those.

x2 just about to say that. Apparently FORD won't cover stupidity.

96blkbeauty
March 6th, 2012, 08:28 AM
O'Meara Ford has had one in front of their dealership for a while now. It's silver. Awesome looking but pricey.

I was just over at O'Meara this weekend and I think the silver one is gone. But they have a sexy sonic blue one now. So nice!

If I had one, I could never use it for what it was made for. All I could think about when watching that vid was "don't damage anything! Don't scratch the paint!"

My Bronco is 16/17 years old and I still worry about scratching it up :cool:

Beefy
March 6th, 2012, 08:42 AM
It's still there. I pass by it everyday. :D

Blue sounds cool!!

Popsgarage
March 8th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Google raptor frame issue and see how ford is handling those.

I've heard this as well.

Fatboris
March 9th, 2012, 12:18 AM
These are definitely badass. Not to get political but I can't help but laugh. The government stepped in to save the auto industry. They saw the future and knew what Americans wanted, it's called the Chevy Volt. Ford decided to go it on their own and kept producing evil gas guzzling pariahs like the Raptor. Yeah, how'd that one turn out? One requires a $7500 tax credit to sell 500 cars a month, the other one has consumers paying a premium just to get their hands on it.

RidgeRunner
March 9th, 2012, 07:19 AM
These are definitely badass. Not to get political but I can't help but laugh. The government stepped in to save the auto industry. They saw the future and knew what Americans wanted, it's called the Chevy Volt. Ford decided to go it on their own and kept producing evil gas guzzling pariahs like the Raptor. Yeah, how'd that one turn out? One requires a $7500 tax credit to sell 500 cars a month, the other one has consumers paying a premium just to get their hands on it.

I was curious so I looked it up. Base price on a Volt is just under 40k :eek: Base price on a Raptor is only 3k more!

As for the political part, I'll keep my trap shut. Thinking about it will just piss me off.

ctracy5
March 26th, 2012, 09:58 AM
This trucks are crazy, and crazy expensive lol.

Funrover
March 26th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Looks like a fun time!