PDA

View Full Version : Few pics Colorado Trail on Kenosha Pass

Errinjan
January 21st, 2012, 10:33 PM
Here's a few images I shot today up near Kenosha Pass
Forest Road 126
I didn't notice the white balance setting on my camera was set for inside, oops!
Black and White to the rescue!

Mr6dwg
January 21st, 2012, 11:25 PM
Kind of Ansel Adams -esque!

Brody
January 22nd, 2012, 05:41 AM
Nice! I actually like those better than it would have looked in color!

I see that Bunyon and babe were probably working on their tans in Como. The weather looks warm and sunny..!

glacierpaul
January 22nd, 2012, 05:53 AM
Nice Errin!!

Errinjan
January 22nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Thanks, I'm loving this camera. The first day we moved out here. A good DLSR went to the top of the want list.

Heather
January 22nd, 2012, 09:04 AM
Awesome!! The middle one looks Van Gogh -ish. Thanks for sharing, Errin and Jan!

Errinjan
January 22nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
I shot these also, a JK Ruby and a beautiful restored K5 Blazer

sunk
January 22nd, 2012, 09:31 AM
I really like the middle one. The clouds look crazy, great shot!

Brody
January 22nd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Sweet. I have to say that if I were to ever do a restoration on any 4x4 rig, I would be goddamned if I would ever take it out on the trails....There is a reason the last 4xs I have had are a crappy black primer color. You take nice rigs on the trails and actually use them hard, you better get used to the 'primer look' or spending a silly amount of time polishing them. Prior to the last batch of 4xs, I had a nice F150 that I babied. Had a sweet paint job on it, all buffed and cute. I finally came to the conclusion that I was spending way more time and energy keeping my cute paint job looking cute than doing a lot of other things, like wheeling, that made more sense. I tried once more after this when I did a sweet fiberglass tilt hood on a 69 Bronco restoration. Put a nice metallic blue paint job on it when I was done. Within a month the thing was flat black and was the last rig I ever painted a nice color. That was back in the mid 80s.

Errinjan
January 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
I agree and told him so. He was adamant about using it for what it was designed for. He did all the work himself. Now he doesn't take it places where he knows it will get damaged. But running easy trails in the snow was worth the risk to him.

We came across a SUV by himself buried in the snow, judging by the mood of his female companion they'd been there awhile. Lucky we came along or they would have been there awhile. After Stan pulled him out he got struck turning around. Then Brian hooked him to get him going again.

4Runninfun
January 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
nice pics. They look almost like they were taken with IR film.

Errinjan
January 22nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
I've been interested in IR for awhile. I have a older Sony Digital that is IR capable. Just never got around to get the filters for it. I've always liked B/W images, with digital it's easy.

Funrover
January 22nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
That is kinda sweet!

Patrolman
January 22nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
Good looking photos. I wonder if there is some way to "hand paint" them digitally. I have a friend who used to do b/w film and then hand paint sections. Think of the 2 little kids in b/w and the boy has the rose that is hand painted.

Errinjan
January 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
You can do anything digitally, it's jaw dropping what you can do.

Chris
January 22nd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah, there's now a 99¢ app for that Jeff.

Errinjan
January 23rd, 2012, 07:17 AM
Yes there is, for the Iphone it's called Color Splash- I for got I had it, it's been out for a long time

Java
January 23rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
Thanks, Errin!! The first one is my desktop background now. :thumb: