PDA

View Full Version : Wheeling Southern Colorado

Cr33p3r
December 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM
This link is to an acquaintance of mine on youtube, she wheels with her dog all over the lower part of the state

http://www.youtube.com/user/JeepsterGal/videos

Popsgarage
December 27th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Love Black Bear Pass. That'd be a fun run!!!

SCRubicon
December 28th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I've watched most of them. Good stuff. My favorite is the True Grit video.

Cr33p3r
December 29th, 2011, 11:05 AM
oooh, those are great! any chance you could find out from here what software she uses to take the original videos and speed them up / add music?

Thanks! this is going to be great to watch

I can ask her again since I personally forgot what she told me.

Popsgarage
December 29th, 2011, 10:21 PM
yes!!! southern trip next summer is def on the menu!

Did you see the hairpins on that thing. Need rear steer for mine to do that run, I think!!!

Funrover
December 30th, 2011, 12:10 PM
:thumb::thumb: I really want to get to that area more. there is so much down there.

Chris
December 30th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Did you see the hairpins on that thing. Need rear steer for mine to do that run, I think!!!

Nope, just good brakes! I do Black Bear at least once a year and people say the descent is scary, I say those hairpin switchbacks after descending are scarier! I do a couple 3 point turns on each with a foot firmly planted on the brake pedal!

Popsgarage
December 31st, 2011, 12:08 AM
When I get mine running and the boys working properly and the wife's SAS installed we're going to have to make that a run then!

Cr33p3r
December 31st, 2011, 08:40 AM
Robyn here is what she told me 'My video camera is a Canon Optura 20, from 2003. But it takes great video. My digital camera is a Canon A630' she is using youtube's program and the ones that came with her cameras.

Beefy
January 11th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Black Bear Pass was definitely pretty wild. Good brakes are definitely needed. It has a big pucker factor. :D

Mr6dwg
January 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I am going to the Telluride Bluegrass festival June 31 - 24. That is one of the roads I am planning on doing. I have wanted to do that road ever since I was a kid, having first heard about it from C. W. McCall.