PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore wheeling - aussie style

Mporter
December 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYQQLbmfuec&feature=related

Was goofing off on Youtube and found this. Pretty awesome stuff.

mattzj98
December 5th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Do they get different tire choices than we do? I've never seen any of the ones on there.. ;| pretty cool! :thumb:

Funrover
December 5th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Nice!

4Runninfun
December 5th, 2011, 10:34 PM
cool vid. Yes they do have different tires than we get. A very popular brand is called simex.

mattzj98
December 5th, 2011, 10:36 PM
some of them looked really cool.. I'll look into those, thanks!

Jim
December 5th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Skinny pedal wheeling...

Catch the photog in the red cap moving out of the way on the first vehicle rollback?

Brody
December 6th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Pretty cool. Not only are the tires different, the Toyota body styles are different and I would be willing to bet that there are a more than a few diesel rigs in that group.

I was on the site of another Australian forum a couple of years ago looking at a lot of their wheeling trails. For the most part, the scenery looked like it could be 'Anywhere, USA' and had a lot of trails very similar to Colorado and Cali.

Then you have the Outback...

glacierpaul
December 6th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Sweet!

Heather
December 6th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Wow, they're not gentle on their rigs at all, huh?

Cr33p3r
December 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM
All out motivation going on there! I really like that crew cab truck and the lime green half cab(I think it was a suzuki)!

Mporter
December 6th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Pretty cool. Not only are the tires different, the Toyota body styles are different and I would be willing to bet that there are a more than a few diesel rigs in that group.

A lot of them are actually 70 series land cruiser. We weren't fortunate enough to have them over here. If you want one, it's at least $30k.

All out motivation going on there! I really like that crew cab truck and the lime green half cab(I think it was a suzuki)!

The two green ones are a Land Rover Defender 90 (first one in vid) and the 2nd one is actually an '82 FJ60.

Brody
December 6th, 2011, 07:59 AM
The two green ones are a Land Rover Defender 90 (first one in vid) and the 2nd one is actually an '82 FJ60.

Beat me to it, Matt!

I believe that the 4 door sans top is a LC80, also a crappy lime green...you know, the color Scrat seems partial to...Hey...the other Matt is partial to that nasty green color, too.....

I confess..I had a set of steel wheels that I done the "GO Green" thing on for a bit with some 36" Swampers on my heap....Laughter and ridicule from my friends eventually made me change them...

4Runninfun
December 6th, 2011, 05:25 PM
....Laughter and ridicule from my friends eventually made me change them...

quitter :D don't you know you're not supposed to give into peer pressure?

mattzj98
December 6th, 2011, 06:47 PM
...Hey...the other Matt is partial to that nasty green color, too

Hey, just trying to be more visible. Can't beat glow in the dark!

Popsgarage
December 6th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Catch the photog in the red cap moving out of the way on the first vehicle rollback?

Crap yourself much? Damn that was close.

Brody
December 7th, 2011, 06:53 AM
huh? I'd have thought it would have made you want to paint them even brighter green

Wait until I paint the pink "Mr Sensitive" on the side of my heap! It will beat the "Barbie is a Slut" I had on the back of an old Yota 4x of mine years ago.....

Java
December 7th, 2011, 06:58 AM
wow, those guys are nuts. I guess Aussie transfercases only have 4-hi and 4-higher. Love all the Toyotas, the FJ60 is almost unrecognizable.

Captain
December 24th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Funny to see a Wrangler in there, you don't see too many of them over there! Nice video! :thumb:

Rick
January 13th, 2012, 02:33 PM
obviously money isnt an issue!!!

Jackie
January 13th, 2012, 02:53 PM
obviously money isnt an issue!!!
Nor is pain..........:erm:
:eek: