PDA

View Full Version : could use a helper

scout man
October 9th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I could use a helper tomorrow afternoon if anyone is intersted. Its time to put the tranny back in, and I have never done that unassisted before. With the way it came out, I am thinking I could probably manage to get it back in, but would love the extra hand if anyone is available. I know its late notice though, so I am sure I will manage if no one is available!

Patrolman
October 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Steve, is it possible to put an engine hoist through the cab door and lift it in? Seen it done that way before on other vehicles. I know the Scout has a removable center panel. That should make it a 1 person job. Sorry I can't help more.

scout man
October 10th, 2011, 02:30 AM
it kind of is, problem is the hoist hits the dash before the tranny is fully mounted on the engine, and ends up fighting you. What I end up doing is using some ratchet straps to the roll cage to help get it up on the jack, and as a safety, then just remove them for that final step. I can probably manage it on my own.

Took some time tonight at tore apart my old tcase, since it was the first one I had assembled on my own. Wanted to look and make sure everything survived ok. It actually looked great. The weird thing, is I had run that tranny about 40 miles through utah, dry, with only 2 bolts holding it on... and everything looked great inside. I did find what I think was the cause of the rattles I have had in my tcase for years. Ill put some pics up about it in another thread when I get around to it.

Also tore apart the new tcase today in order to set it up for a twin stick. A lot of work just to remove one tiny little piece, but I think it was worth it. The new tcase looked brand new inside, so hopefully I dont have any problems with it!

BLUE THUNDER
October 12th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hey Steve, do you still need help? I can come over after work.

scout man
October 12th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Nope, I'm all good now. Thanks for the offer though!