PDA

View Full Version : Whos Running Dual Toys?

Fordguy77
September 18th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Who is running dual toy cases? I am looking in to running them myself, but have some things left to figure out. I was wondering how you like it, what you would do or wouldnt do and such. Also pics would be great!
Thanks,
Chris

Patrolman
September 18th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I have everything to do the mod, just not the time yet. Just a matter of time. Will try to take pics along the way.

Squshiee1
September 18th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Brody has dual t cases.

Brody
September 18th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Me. 2.28 in one, 4.whatevers in the other. Your basic "ultimate crawler" (heavy on the quotation marks) set up. Heavy duty output shaft is a must have. 4.7 ?? gears in both cases causes weak points and you simply do not need that much lower gears.

Watch for clockable t case mounts as well as newer versions with the better oiling between the cases. Clocking allows for more ground clearance, though maybe not worth paying a lot more for. The older doublers had oiling problems as well as bearing problems. The oil either went too much one way or not enough the other way. The bearings were smaller and wore faster. The dual cases are noisier. Both Advanced Adapters and Marlin has solved these problems and everyone else who is making dual whatevers has probably gotten on the bandwagon and dialed in too.

Stop by sometime and you can drive mine around a bit on the site and get an idea. No problem.

frisco31
September 18th, 2011, 08:00 PM
You can check mine out. I like it. But mine is a trailer queen.

RidgeRunner
September 18th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I'm running dual cases too. Stock 2.28:1 in both cases for now. Took it out for the first time this afternoon and I'm very happy with the set-up. I used the Trail Gear adapter and dual case x-member. I had a stock front driveshaft lengthened and re-tubed by Bills Englewood Driveshaft for the rear. The only pic I can find right now is of the shifters, I think I have one of the cases someplace.

You're welcome to look at/drive mine too.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss16/ridgerunnerxj/4Runner/IMG_20110911_203729.jpg

Zukrider
September 18th, 2011, 09:34 PM
in my opinion, the best setup would be stock front into a 4.0 rear. the stock/4.7 is cool, but at double, i think more than necessary. but thats just me!