PDA

View Full Version : 22r help

Fordguy77
September 17th, 2011, 04:29 PM
So as some of you may know I have pulled the motor out of the 4runner to replace all the gaskets and rebuild the head and timing chain and oil pump. However I'm currently stuck dead in the water. I can not get the harmonic balancer pulley off to save my life. I forgot to break it before removing the motor. I've head the crank still from the flywheel bolts. Even used a bar to "pin" it while tryin to loosen, and now even a chain wrench on the pulley with a breaker bar on the bolt, and I'm still stuck with the pully on the engine. Any ideas? Katey is doin her best to try and hold the pulley but I'm stronger than her so I just keep picking her up with the breaker bar.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Brody
September 17th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hey Chris

Where are you doing this? I can possibly help. Yota, for some reason, stuck 225fp of torque on that. No fun trying to break it with the engine out. I also have your FJ washer reservoir and a 22RE timing chain cover to hold all the bolts in the right place you can use.

PM or email me. peterbrody4@gmail.com or call me in the Am after 6AM..303-507-3066

Fordguy77
September 17th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Hey Chris

Where are you doing this? I can possibly help. Yota, for some reason, stuck 225fp of torque on that. No fun trying to break it with the engine out. I also have your FJ washer reservoir and a 22RE timing chain cover to hold all the bolts in the right place you can use.

PM or email me. peterbrody4@gmail.com or call me in the Am after 6AM..303-507-3066

I just got the pulley bolt out but the dust cover behind it is now toast. Are you going to be around tomorrow? I might take you up on borrowing the 22re cover so i can keep the bolts straight as i have heard of a lot of people having issues remembering where they go.

Patrolman
September 17th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Glad that you got the bolt out. That is a PITA bolt. Normally I bump it with the engine starter. Requires it to be in the truck.

Java
September 17th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Katey is doin her best to try and hold the pulley but I'm stronger than her so I just keep picking her up with the breaker bar.

Go Katey!! :thumb: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Brody
September 17th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Chris

I am going to be home early AM until 8:30, then going to look at a property and back before 10. Then home the rest of the day. I'll leave the cover out when I get up and stash it in the back of the Taco in the driveway, where the washer reservoir is. Yeah..the cover is really handy and it was given me by a friend for the exact purpose you are using it for. It is one of the only places that Yota used a bunch of different sized bolts...