PDA

View Full Version : Sand blast cabinet

Fordguy77
September 5th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Does anyone have a sand blast cabinet that's willing to blast a few pulleys, a heat sheild, and a exhaust manifold for me? I can pitch in a few $ if need be.
Thanks,
Chris

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Stephen
September 5th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Does anyone have a sand blast cabinet that's willing to blast a few pulleys, a heat sheild, and a exhaust manifold for me? I can pitch in a few $ if need be.
Thanks,
Chris

I have a small Matco sand blaster I was going to post up on here for free if someone wants to pick it up in Littleton. It's plastic, the plexiglass isn't the easiest to see into and the gloves have some holes.

Zukrider
September 5th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Id love to get that from you Stephen. And anyone on the forum would be more than welcome to use it!

Pm me your info, and i can come get it from ya. ill drop it off for Chris to get the work done!

Haku
September 6th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Thanks,
Chris

They have a sand/media blast setup at the Club Workshop. I'm kind of on a break from the place right now due to funds being low, but I think Speedwagon and Red Rhino are still there and could probably get you in for cheap.

A word of warning. I know you didn't say that you were doing the valve cover, but don't let a sand blaster anywhere near it. A dude at the Club Workshop did that with his, and the sand got caught up inside the baffles. He put it in the parts washer for like an hour and expected it to get it all out, but there was still sand and such in there that eventually got into the engine and pretty much destroyed the engine (it lost compression and then seized up). This happened about 20 miles into driving it after a full rebuild, so not so fun.

Fordguy77
September 6th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Joe that would work, however I don't have the setup at kateys to run the blaster.

Thanks for the info on the sandblast set up at clubworkshop.

I've heard horror stories of people sand blasting valve covers and oil pans during a complete rebuild only to have that 1 grain of sand **** all of the bearings and such. As far as oil holding part go I clean them in a parts washer and with a wire brush. And then wipe down every single place that will come in contact with the oil. At least twice, and then one final check on reassembly.

Stephen
September 6th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Id love to get that from you Stephen. And anyone on the forum would be more than welcome to use it!

Pm me your info, and i can come get it from ya. ill drop it off for Chris to get the work done!

Sure. If the OP doesn't want it, it's yours.

Fordguy77
September 6th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Sure. If the OP doesn't want it, it's yours.

As much as i would love to have a small blast cabinet, i just dont have room for it right now, or i would be all about it. Its all Joes if he wants it

Zukrider
September 6th, 2011, 04:16 PM
ill take it!