July 31st, 2011, 11:04 AM
Now I would definitely take the one in this article

http://jalopnik.com/found-off-the-street/

Funrover
July 31st, 2011, 12:16 PM
That'd rock! :thumb:

Java
July 31st, 2011, 03:13 PM
that's awesome. there's one in my neighborhood by 33rd and Zenobia, maybe a little east, it's stock with some tall skinny military treads and the ground clearance is insane. it's nowhere near as nice as that one though.

mattzj98
July 31st, 2011, 06:39 PM
that's what my dad company builds for specialized fire trucks. those are nuts! slow as hell but will go over anything

Cr33p3r
August 1st, 2011, 09:01 AM
Paul I used to live right on 38th & Zenobia.

Brody
August 2nd, 2011, 06:13 AM
there's one in my neighborhood by 33rd and Zenobia

Paul-I didn't realize you lived so close. Both LaDawn and I are up and down 38th and Harlan/Marshall/Teller a lot. We are about 30 blocks north of you.

Mogs are nice and I have known a few folks who have owned them. Problem is, even though you can pick them up for $7-10k, by the time you have actually restored/repaired/replaced everything, you have such a sweet rig that you don't want to take it off road and **** it up. Not to mention the fact that parts, like Pinzgauer parts, are not to be found just anyplace. Picture a breakdown of a Mog portal axle gear set in some backwoods burg like Dumas Texas. Yeah....might as well buy some land there while you wait for parts....after trying to explain just what a Unimog is....

Java
August 2nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
I'm at Osceola & 29th. Teller St- let me guess, going to the Home Depot? That's my route. I was walking past the Unimog on 33rd a while back and the owner was outside, I complimented it, he just laughed and thanked me for knowing what it was.

Brody
August 2nd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Ahhhh yes...Home Depot..... I am in there way to much for it to be healthy.