PDA

View Full Version : Custom interiors, what have you done?

EldoradoFJ60
July 24th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I'm pretty picky about my interior. I don't like useless plastic cladding and anything that isn't functional.

One of the first things I did to my FJ60 was tear out the carpet. I have new sun visors, new rear cargo panels, new seats, etc. A few modifications remain that I haven't decided on yet.

My floor is bare metal in most spots. I'm looking for ideas for sound deadening. I'm not going to go with Dynamat or something similar. I have been considering bedlining the floor once I take care of some rust issues. Whatever material I put in has be easily removable and preferably cheap.

My door panels are shot. They rattle and drive me nuts. Weak fiberboard needs to do. One option is to make new panels using marine grade HDPE. If I feel really crazy my mom has leather and upholstery and is willing to make me new panels. I could send the old panels as templates but a new backing would have to be made. Or I could make panels myself and send them off to be covered. What would work best for this?

What sort of utilitarian mods have you done to your interior?

Robert B
July 24th, 2011, 08:47 PM
what do your door panels have in them (pockets othe features) and do you use them?? my doors came stock with no pockets or anything and are very simple..... persoanlly i would try to find a chunk of sheet meatal you could cut to size drill screw holes into it and cover in some type of material (i recently got some marine vinyl for my project) and glue it on and wrap it around the edges and just screw it on..though you might need to buy some little washers for the screws for like 75 cents total.....and the vinyl at the store here came in quite a few colors to match you exterior or interior color :) ........also you could probably use any kind of metal that you can find that size doesnt have to be super thick and will hold up better than that cardboard stuff :thumb: and bruce you will have to check my build thread 2 days or so when i put my newest mod up (interior stuff)