PDA

View Full Version : Busted shocks on Peru creek.

Neversummeriam
July 20th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Busted both my front shocks on the Peru creek
run thus weekend. Crawled under it today noticed
that both the front shocks were leaking fluid.
What luck I'm having with this new jeep. Two months
old and it's been in the shop twice.

mattzj98
July 20th, 2011, 06:31 PM
you need to upgrade the jeeps shocks man! get bilstein 5100s or 5125 which ever one your jeep would use. i used to blow shocks every run when i had those procomps 3000s on. my garage was covered in fluid. went to bilstein and never had a problem! :D just a thought..

Sapient
July 20th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Whoa, that sucks.. you were attempting some pretty rad stuff.. still shouldn't have messed up your shocks imo.

Brody
July 20th, 2011, 08:21 PM
That's funny, Matt! I had all my Bilstein's (5150s) **** out after only 3-4 month's. They wouldn't warranty them, (Both High Country and Off Road Solutions tried, too) and essentially told me to **** off. I went back to the cheapo Pro Comps on one end and Ranchos on the other and have had no issues. The exact opposite end of the spectrum....

scout man
July 20th, 2011, 08:32 PM
if you want some cheap replacement shocks, I still have a pile in my garage. Just let me know the compresed and extended measurements, and what the ends look like and I will see what I have. $20 a pair for memebers.

mattzj98
July 20th, 2011, 08:53 PM
That's funny, Matt! I had all my Bilstein's (5150s) **** out after only 3-4 month's. They wouldn't warranty them, (Both High Country and Off Road Solutions tried, too) and essentially told me to **** off. I went back to the cheapo Pro Comps on one end and Ranchos on the other and have had no issues. The exact opposite end of the spectrum....

lol yeah that's odd.. i was in that bad roll over.. snapped one of my bilstein off in half and they just sent me a new one!

pro comps, warranty was good, shock was kind of stiff and leaky.. they replaced it a few times.

Rancho on the other hand, i bought those adjustible ones. they worked great. the adjustment was a pretty cool thing to have. they just werent long enough as i found out and so i traded those in for bilsteins.

I'm a very happy jeeper now :)

mattzj98
July 20th, 2011, 09:01 PM
my Bilstein's (5150s)

Oh, sorry Pete, I just realized that you're talking about 5150s. You're right, i've heard the worst things about those. the top adjusting nut breaks like every outing. High country even told me to stay away from those.. I'm talking about the simple 5100s. not much to break there and have been very reliable
:thumb:

Brody
July 20th, 2011, 09:16 PM
High country even told me to stay away from those..

That maybe came about after they got the run around trying to help me out with the warranty on my 5150s. They were very unimpressed with Bilstein's response. They tried to warranty them on another invoice (I didn't buy them there, they were just being good people) and they were told to take a hike. The invoice was actually newer than my 3-4 month old one, too. The way I feel about Bilstein, they couldn't pay me to run them on any rig I own, even if I really needed some money. Customer service is customer service, and when a bigass company like Bilstein wants to dick a customer around on a shock that probably cost them $20 (and you $135), then it is time to go to another source for a product that works as well.

mattzj98
July 20th, 2011, 09:24 PM
You're right there.. Jason from HCP also ran those shocks. hated them. However, they do stand behind the 5100s and so do I :) my jeep drives as nice as my benz did (just flexes more :))

Neversummeriam
July 20th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I have a 4 inch superlift. So the shocks are
aftermarket. Should be under warrenty since
it only two month old and 3000 miles. It just sucks
I blew out shock bushings in a week. Put
blistien heavy duty bushings in. They Been ok since.
I taking it to the dealer they should replace them the lift was
put on by the dealer before I bought it.

mattzj98
July 20th, 2011, 09:28 PM
As long as they take care of you! :thumb:

If not, i have a bunch of shocks laying around my garage lol

Neversummeriam
July 21st, 2011, 12:52 PM
Mike from superlift is amazing!
Two new shocks in the mail
today!! Told
him I wanted to wheel this weekend,
said it was super wierd that two
malfuntioned in 3000 miles of use.