PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Run

Aaron
July 20th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Who wants to plan the "Ladies Run" for 2011? In years past it has been the run where the ladies are the only ones allowed to take the wheel. The men are there for spotting, (unwanted) advice and moral support.

Aaron
July 20th, 2011, 03:18 PM
We're against fun at FR4x4. :funrover:

Kidding. Of course.

Brody
July 20th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I just saw Stephanie, after Chris (Chris and Heather Chris) left as she was picking up some surgical chisels I sharpened for her and dropping off some more. She has organized and lead Ladies Runs in the past, so we talked about the trails. We both agreed that the Bill Moore Lake is a really good one, especially if there are ladies who haven't driven stuff off road. Plus it also is scenic and offers the more challenging Mill Creek Loop as an add on trail if people want to do something with a little more challenge.

We haven't missed a Ladies Run yet and probably won't miss this one.

mattzj98
July 20th, 2011, 06:41 PM
sign my sister up!!! she has an 05 grand... 2 inch lift.. still in a box haha

mattzj98
July 20th, 2011, 06:43 PM
either that or i give her my wheel.. depending on what kind of trail we're talking here..

Actually, I should have her sign up for membership..

Beefy
July 20th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Umm, I don't know about this since she doesn't even know how to drive stick yet.:lmao:

Heather
July 20th, 2011, 07:33 PM
YESSSS! Looking forward to all the husbands/significant others/brothers/dads/etc. ...riding b*tch! Hee! Go us!

Beefy
July 20th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Oh yeah, this should be fun. Hey Beefy, you going to let Amanda pilot your Jeep?

It'll be a cold day in hell...... :rolleyes::lmao:

If she can learn how to drive stick and I'm available, than I don't see why not. It works like "you break it, you bought it" right?! :D

Heather
July 20th, 2011, 07:52 PM
And Jason, Lee??? Woot! :woot:

Heather
July 20th, 2011, 07:53 PM
It'll be a cold day in hell......

:OMG:

Beefy
July 20th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I thought I was the only one that could get into the dog house that quickly...glad to see I'll have company!:jiggy:

As long as I'm around, you'll probably never be alone. :lmao::lmao:

Robert B
July 20th, 2011, 08:02 PM
YESSSS! Looking forward to all the husbands/significant others/brothers/dads/etc. ...riding b*tch! Hee! Go us!
so what do us single guys do lol

Chris
July 20th, 2011, 08:10 PM

:lmao: Bill Moore would be fun as in the past and it's fun riding b*tch just to be able to watch the faces of other people there. I recall passing a group and they noticed quickly and were commenting on how cool it was to see. A previous LR was the first time Barb drove my Cruiser after switching to a stick. She was reluctant but enjoyed every minute of it. :thumb:

Heather
July 20th, 2011, 08:24 PM

A wig and a dude for shotgun?

Java
July 20th, 2011, 08:26 PM
can I let my dog drive? I mean, as long as we're being reedonkulous... women driving...

just kidding, I have one, I'll bring it.

Brody
July 20th, 2011, 08:28 PM
A previous LR was the first time Barb drove my Cruiser after switching to a stick. She was reluctant but enjoyed every minute of it.

I seem to remember that...Something about putting a new dent in it....

RockyMtnHigh
July 20th, 2011, 10:25 PM

http://www.match.com/ :D

Chris
July 20th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Seems to me it would make a pretty cool date. ;)

Neversummeriam
July 20th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I'm in. My girl loves to drive and she's damn good
at it too. She's driven alot of bill
Moore already.

mumbai
July 20th, 2011, 11:27 PM
http://www.match.com/
Hahahahah..

Brad
July 21st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Jenn is a little hesitant. Having seen Bill Moore first hand last year she thinks it would be too tough for her first time.
I am going to find something a little easier and take her before this so she can be included.

All providing I am not working on the date chosen.

Zukrider
July 21st, 2011, 05:15 PM
i think we will be there. pending date and getting a sitter.

Jackie
July 21st, 2011, 05:23 PM
Now THAT'S funny right theeere!

Bill Moore is a good pick. I'll go depending on the date.

Since Britton isn't into 4-wheeling, any of you dateless guys are welcome to be my date. :p I'll even let you holler at me as long as you spot me well and fix what you make me brake! :D

Chris
July 21st, 2011, 06:52 PM
I'll even let you holler at me as long as you spot me well and fix what you make me break! :D

You're on to something Jackie! A friend in a Model A club told me only someone else's spouse can ride on their Ladies Run. The reason? Owners are less likely to hit someone else's spouse when they scratch the car! :eek:

Brody
July 21st, 2011, 07:24 PM
The reason? Owners are less likely to hit someone else's spouse when they scratch the car!

Really? Maybe as it would apply to ME scratching LaDawn's ride, but I laughed when she did this to mine:

Jackie
July 21st, 2011, 07:38 PM
Britton would kill me for a move like that!!! (He gets mad about the pin-striping and I just laugh)! I like to point out all the stuff he's broken on his dirt bike (including his ankle) and he's got nothing on me!

Robert B
July 22nd, 2011, 12:27 AM
now see brody just get a few hydraulic pistons on the side of the truck that you can then activate to turn the truck right side up by itself and then its all good :D

Robert B
July 22nd, 2011, 12:28 AM
see now i know a girl who has skills with movie makeup effects so dont temp me :P

Brody
July 22nd, 2011, 06:13 AM
HAHA....I have a wig if you want to borrow it. It is part of my 'old biker/hippie/demented recluse' Halloween costume, so it and the beard/mustache that go with it are gray...Probably works better on my wrinkled face than it would on you....

Rob
July 22nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
It is part of my 'old biker/hippie/demented recluse' Halloween costume

You needed a costume? :D

Chris
July 22nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
Just for the hair!

BlackRubi
July 24th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Ashley might be up for it. I will probably have to take a vacation day, as I work on weekends (kills most opportunities to wheel with the group). Ashley claims to drive cleaner lines than me anyway. This is partly due to Aaron telling her that she drove really nice lines on MSV/Coney last summer. Thanks, Aaron!

Brody
July 25th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Just for the hair!

You needed a costume?

You guys are cruel. Your folks never mentioned the " If you can't say something nice about someone, maybe you shouldn't say anything at all" thing? You never seem to take into account that I happen to be a very sensitive individual....:frown:

Gossamer
July 25th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Sounds fun! Date ? Thanks again Brody , you are the man ! Ive noticed a 30 degree temp drop just driving around town..cant wait to see what temp it will run when on the trail...again , big ups to Brody !!

Pathrat
July 25th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Just for the hair!

You needed a costume?

You guys are cruel. Your folks never mentioned the " If you can't say something nice about someone, maybe you shouldn't say anything at all" thing? You never seem to take into account that I happen to be a very sensitive individual....:frown:

I will bring you cookie. :)

:lmao: Rob and Chris...that was priceless.

Rob
July 25th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Jenn is a little hesitant. Having seen Bill Moore first hand last year she thinks it would be too tough for her first time.

She'll do fine. As I recall, there were mitigating circumstances on the run you're referring to.

Gossamer
August 4th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I Soo want to do this BUT the wife is a little hesitant as well :(

Beefy
August 4th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Amanda wants to go but she doesn't want to drive. She wants to ride with Heather. :p We wouldn't be able to go on a Saturday though. :frown: Starting in about 2 weeks my Saturday's are shot for quite a while.

Funrover
August 4th, 2011, 09:16 PM
It'd be in for another one!

Brody
August 5th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I Soo want to do this BUT the wife is a little hesitant as well :(

HAHA...Hey Juno-have your wife call LaDawn (303-761-4818 or Stephanie (Pathrat) via PM and see what they say. The support on the Ladies Run if killer and we have had a lot of hesitant, first time driver's on them who have walked away from the run with a really good feeling and lot's of confidence in their new found driving skills! It is what this run is all about.

BlackRubi
August 5th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I may let Ashley take the truck on the run if she wants to. I might be able to get out of work, but no guarantees on that. Think a stock height crew cab Colorado can pull it off? It has a locker, 31x10.50 BFG AT (brand new), and stuff. just not positive that it has the clearance, and it doesn't have much in the way of skids. If necessary, I'll take off the driveway princess chrome side steps before the run. I need to sell them anyway so I can get some Brodyfab sliders made.

Brody
August 8th, 2011, 06:14 AM
man, you boys sure are insecure

Yup, that is me in a nutshell: Insecure:D

LaDawn drives my heap whenever she feels like it, even though there have been a couple of times it didn't work out too well. Once on Wheeler when she flopped it (no big deal) and again on Kelly Flats when she stalled it on a twisted hill climb and stabbed the clutch in and we started rolling backward very fast. That had the potential to be very bad as there were no trees for a very long way. I managed to yard the e brake in and get us stopped in time.

At any rate, I have never had any qualms about letting LaDawn drive it. She doesn't like how it handles on the road due to the soft suspension ( I don't blame her. I don't think it is a great street rig, either, but I am used to it) so I usually to where the trail starts and she drives it from there...

Zukrider
August 9th, 2011, 10:52 AM
if we can swing the fuel, Jen and I will be there. prolly in the montero though.

BlackRubi
August 9th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Any thoughts on whether the new truck could do the trail? Keep in mind, Ashley drives better lines than I do, or so she says (we can thank Aaron for putting that idea in her head).

That's actually her driving in my avatar.

(Note to self: I need to change my avatar.)

Brody
August 10th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Kyle

You shouldn't have problems unless the trail has gotten a lot harder. I have done this trail quite a few times and have been on runs with full size rigs all the way up to a Surburban. Mill Creek Loop is a different animal as it is tight and twisty, although all the full sized rigs managed to make it with some serious pin striping.. It (Bill Moore) is a trail suitable for stock rigs, especially since they closed down the mud pits. There is only one real 'hard' section and that is only a real issue if there happens to be snow on it. That is a section coming out from the lake where there is a slight off camber section, but dry, that is barely noticeable.

At any rate, the Bill Moore trail itself shouldn't be an issue as it is a mostly open trail on dirt roads.

glacierpaul
August 10th, 2011, 06:12 AM
The wife is interested in this, we will see how the timing works out for the date of the run, is Aug 27 it?

Brody
August 10th, 2011, 06:40 AM
August 28th, Paul.

We are going to try to make it, but LaDawn is taking off with her mom for a vacation in Alaska Monday AM, so we will have to see. She is pretty minimalistic when it comes to getting ready for trips, so it may not be a big deal and she can go. I don't think we have missed one of these yet and they have all been a gas.

BlackRubi
August 16th, 2011, 02:43 PM
The truck isn't a very big rig. About the size of a Tacoma. I would need to figure out how to disconnect my front sway bar before she goes (if she goes). It has an Eaton G80 auto locker in the rear, so she wouldn't have to worry about engaging it, should she need it. I have just been wondering how good of a trail rig it might be.