PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Yoda Jim's appreciation day?

Haku
July 7th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Hey guys,

So I was at Yoda Jim's last week and today, and talked to Sean about their annual customer appreciation weekend that that they hold on Jim's property near Black Hawk. Jim's will be shut down from Thursday through Sunday for it on the weekend of 15th, 16th and 17th (Friday, Saturday, Sunday).

Anyone else know about it or plan on going? Obviously it will be largely Toyota people, but I think lots of tube buggies and such will show up too and I don't think its brand exclusive. Its on Jim's piece of private land, and from what I hear, while some of the trails are mild, others are easily among the hardest in Colorado. Live bands, camping, parties, lots of wheeling to be had. Sean said about 75-80 rigs show up last year, but there are at least 13 different tracks and not everyone was wheeling at the same time either.

I'm planning on going at least on Friday, and possibly Saturday. The biggest party night happens on Saturday, but stuff will be happening all weekend.

The coolest part of the whole thing is that since its Yota Jim's, there are barrels upon barrels of spare Toyota parts sitting at the start of the trails if you break anything.

Patrolman
July 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I hadn't heard a single word about it. Thanks for spreading the word a bit!

Haku
July 7th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I think its a bit of word of mouth right now, which is why I didn't include actual directions. I just do better at these things when I know someone else who is there.

EldoradoFJ60
July 7th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Sounds like a good time. Unfortunately I'll probably be headed to the other side of the divide to catch a salmon run going on right now.

Mporter
July 8th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Just so happens I'll be in Boston for all 3 of those days.

Brody
July 8th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Jim kind of keeps that thing strictly word of mouth, so it is good that you didn't do directions, etc.

I was supposed to go for the last 5 years or so, but have never made it. Maybe I'll go this coming year.

Haku
July 8th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Well wouldn't you know, I got a call to work on Friday so I'll probably just go Saturday. I'm sure one or two rigs tagging along would be fine, but I won't make it an official run. I kind of wasn't sure if I should post this, so if someone thinks it should change then let me know. Just wanted to see if any other Front Range people were going.

FYI, it hasn't happened yet, but Jim's is in the process of getting ready to move to a different location 69th and York or something. Sean said that RTD made them an offer they couldn't refuse for their current location for the expansion of the light rail in that direction.

Sounds like the new place is much bigger though, so it should be a good move for them.