PDA

View Full Version : Chinaman Gulch

Zukrider
June 30th, 2011, 06:09 PM
making a run to chinaman. this is the second attempt. first attempt, my sami was totaled before we got there. there will at least 2 Sami's i know of. maybe more.

meeting at the Johnson Village Shell (http://www.mapquest.com/#fe787502cde2439eb941f36b) station at 9am.

Haku
June 30th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I don't think I have anything going on, but that can change for me very quickly. I've done that trail a bunch, but its always a good time.

Hope your rig makes it there this time.

Josh

p.s. Don't forget to RSVP yourself

Zukrider
June 30th, 2011, 10:10 PM
thanx josh. oh, the power steering is working out so far!

Haku
July 1st, 2011, 03:03 AM
thanx josh. oh, the power steering is working out so far!

Sweet....glad it worked for you. Makes a big difference aye? Which install kit did you end up going with?

Zukrider
July 1st, 2011, 10:07 AM
none. i built my own pump mount, bought a trail tough pulley, and mounted the box right to the frame.

mattzj98
July 2nd, 2011, 12:58 AM
i really wanna go but still waiting on parts =(

Zukrider
July 2nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
so myself and another zuk will be camping friday night in jefferson, kinda near terryall reservoir, if anyone wants to join. there will be a young child, and at least one dog. if you wanna, text me, ill give you location details. still plan to meet at 9 am.

foxtrot
July 2nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
hmm tempting, how do you think my rig would do since I don't have a front locker right now, I just put the spider gears in while it is getting replaced.

Haku
July 2nd, 2011, 07:37 PM
hahaa....how many times have you done Chinaman's again? You'll do fine, but may not make it on some of the harder lines.

Who is Zuk #2? Isn't Andy by chance? Might join you either way, but its hit or miss with me and the Zuk crowd sometimes. Dogs are a plus, and I am sure the kid will be fine too.

Stephen
July 2nd, 2011, 08:17 PM
I would like to do this trail again without so much snow. If my daughter wasn't coming down from NY next weekend, I'd definitely go. :frown:

Zukrider
July 2nd, 2011, 08:34 PM
Stephen, bring her with!

haku, andy hasnt answered back yet. the other zuk is my boy johnny, he doesnt use the internet much. as of right now, he is the only extra besides this thread. the dog and kid wont be wheeling. he is only 6 months old. so mom, boy, and lane(dog) will be hanging back at camp.

Haku
July 2nd, 2011, 08:51 PM
Right on. Except for getting some work, I'll definitely be there for the wheeling part, and might join you for camping too. I saw Andy on the Miller Rock run we did about a month ago and it would be cool to wheel with him again.

Stephen, its a great trail and you would have a ton of fun, but its also not going anywhere soon and there will definitely be another trip up there soon so you'll have your chance. Ya know, its a great opportunity for your daughter to see some views and what CO is REALLY about. :thumb:

Stephen
July 3rd, 2011, 01:12 AM
Thanks guys, I definitely would bring her if I could. Her mom is driving to KC from NY, to visit her sister, so I'm driving to pick her up between here and KC that weekend or we'd join. Have fun! I know you will!

Brody
July 3rd, 2011, 08:03 AM
Have fun! That is a sweet trail!

This time get the Sammi on the trail so that you can actually enjoy it! I saw some of the pictures that you posted of the trashed Sammi and it made me wince. What a crappy day that must have been. trail damage before even getting on the trail....

Been there and done that. Here is one of a couple of pictures of a Ford F150 that I was down to putting a custom dash in. I was supposed to meet some buddies for a 3 day weekend of wheeling and rock climbing and managed to endo the rig on the way down there when trying to avoid some deer. This picture is after I managed to get it back up onto it's side, but before I managed to get it back rubber side down. The whole top of the rig, including the cab and camper shell are pretty much crushed flat. I had a very small secion left that was big enough for me to crawl out of...all the junk on this rig went onto a 69 bronco I picked up..

Zukrider
July 3rd, 2011, 12:22 PM
bummer dude! yeah, it was a horrible day, but i lived! so, on to the next one!

Brody
July 3rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
bummer dude! yeah, it was a horrible day, but i lived! so, on to the next one!

Yeah, what else do you do? Oh..note the large assortment of shocks under the Ford..This was in the 80s and everyone was really big on double shocks. So I had double steering stabilizers, double back shocks, double front shocks, yada, yada. I always laugh when I see the mess of needless junk I had under that rig. Actually rode pretty well, considering, but a far cry from what is being done today..Have fun on the run!

Zukrider
July 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
im heading out to find camp around 1pm. those interested, its in jefferson. 285 to jefferson, take a left at the general store. take the second left, just after a cattle guard. we will be up there somewhere.

see ya at johnson village at 9am saturday!

Haku
July 8th, 2011, 11:28 AM
haha...thanks for a "crack of dawn" start to this. I'll still be there though. Have fun camping, maybe I'll see you on your way to Johnson's Village.