PDA

View Full Version : FR4x4 2011 Trail Runs Map - User Editable

Aaron
June 17th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Hey all,

I might be getting crazy with this map thing but I think this one would be really cool. I created a map where we can store the tracks (or if no one tracks it with GPS, just the trailheads) of the runs we do this year. I already added the track for Gordon Gulch. I didn't do Penn Gulch so perhaps Gary will add that track. The instructions are the same as for the "neighbors" map if you are just adding a trailhead. You must have a google account to edit the map.

For a placemark: Click "Click Here" at the top of the map below. Log into your google account on the top right if you aren't already. Click Edit on the left. Find the position on the map that you want to mark and right click --> Add Placemark. Name it the name of the trail. Make sure the date of the run and a link to the report are in the description. Save.

For a track: First, you need a gpx file or something like it. Click "Click Here" at the top of the map below. Log into your google account on the top right if you aren't already. Click Edit on the left. Click Import ont he left and import your GPX file. Name it the name of the trail. Make sure the date of the run and a link to the report are in the description. Save.

201794123900250260524.0004a5e8858dc8011c018

Aaron
June 17th, 2011, 08:50 AM
By the way. It's collaborative so feel free to add to mine or anyone else's. I added a trailhead placemark for the Anniversary run this year. If someone got a GPS track of that, feel free to fix it up.

Aaron
June 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Nothin huh? Come on Gary. I know you want to post a track :)

GaryG
June 20th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Travellin today, gotta give me a little time, I think I got it updated

Brad
June 21st, 2011, 06:48 AM
I am just getting into tracking. Not sure where the files are on my phone yet.

Aaron
June 21st, 2011, 07:49 AM
Usually you "Export to GPX" or something like that.

Aaron
June 21st, 2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks Gary. I added in placemarks for hte meeting spot and Robs scenic turn around spot :)

coaz4x4
July 13th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I need to figure out the file format conversion (I use a Garmin) but I have several dozen GPS tracks...

EDIT: I got a chunk of them up...
EDIT 2: Google Maps chopped a lot of my tracks in to pieces... maybe too many data points on each? I made my own map with some of my motorcycle tracks and they're in dozens of pieces... :mad: