PDA

View Full Version : Tim's Pre-runner bumper

Cr33p3r
May 26th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Just got this finished this morning and mounted up with a couple off road lights to so here could head back to Fort Riley. Final weight on this one was 92 pounds, it is 2" HREW and the stinger is 1-1/2.

southpaws3
May 26th, 2011, 12:19 PM
nice

Brody
May 26th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Nice Sean! Glad to see that you are finally back to doing some fabbing!

Chris
May 26th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Wel done Sean! :thumb:

MelloYello
May 26th, 2011, 05:21 PM
super clean. that looks great.

Cr33p3r
May 26th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks guys, I would have liked to have made the stinger a bit less wide but my bender pooped out on me so now its going to be modified with electric hydrualic set up.

Brody
May 27th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Well, you should have hollered at me. No reason you couldn't have borrowed my bender either here at my house or taken it over to yours and I am not that far away.

Cr33p3r
May 27th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I did not know if you got yours set up after the mishap, but thanks Pete.

Cr33p3r
May 29th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Here is a funny story about this bumper;

Tim called this morning to tell me how well the bumper is holding up as he did not think about it when he went to the car wash this morning.
Well it was one of the automated ones with the big roller brushes and while it was pushing his truck thru the wash the main roller that goes horizontally across the top of the vehicle wrapped itself tightly around the stinger and actually started to lift the front of the truck off the ground before the system sensed the truck was not moving any longer and it reversed the system.
End result the bumper held up to the lifting weight of his truck w/o any damages or problems.

Brody
May 30th, 2011, 08:42 AM
I did not know if you got yours set up after the mishap, but thanks Pete.

You make it sound like a big deal.....Hydraulic cylinder froze is all. Scotty at Addicted Off Road came through with his bender so I could finish my project, then gave me a air assisted hydraulic one that he had lying around to use on mine. Sweet!

And kudos to Scotty at Addicted Off Road for always coming through for everyone, too!