PDA

View Full Version : TRAIL RUN PLANNING, REPORTS and PICTURES

Brody
May 17th, 2011, 05:34 AM
This is just a notice to everyone so that we are all on the same page:

I deleted all of the posts for the mud runs, including the reports, run planning and planned runs because Front Range 4x4 does not promote any "off trail" usage.

Sure, it could be argued that any of these areas have been used by a lot of folks for a long time, but that isn't the point. The point is that there is some question of the LEGALITY of using these areas. If we plan, organize and report on trail runs to these areas, then by doing this, Front Range 4x4 is, in essense, condoning off trail use.

That, people, isn't going to happen.

So rather than send out a huge mess of PMs explaining this to everyone, I am doing it this way. Should you want to get together and do mud runs to any of these areas, then by all means do so, BUT do it through PMs, phone calls or emails, and DO NOT involve the actual Front Range 4x4 forum. The same goes for posting pictures of these runs.

As far as private land run planning, pictures and everything that I just discussed, if you have received an invitation from the landowner to come and play on his property with a bunch of your wheeling buddies, then consider that a legitimate run.

So that is the deal. This wasn't and isn't a conversation, so please do not bother PMing or emailing any of the moderators about this. This is just the way things are.