PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelts anyone????

Aaron
May 2nd, 2011, 04:12 PM
This is a little funny..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn1kD4fAe6A&feature=player_embedded

Brad
May 2nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
That dude is way too lucky..

Chris
May 2nd, 2011, 04:27 PM
Spotter anyone? :erm:

MelloYello
May 2nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
That was wild. Dude was lucky.

Aaron
May 2nd, 2011, 04:35 PM
It just goes to show what the FJ has done to our sport.

I'm kidding!!!:tisktisk:

Chris
May 2nd, 2011, 04:44 PM

Touche! :lmao:

Mporter
May 2nd, 2011, 05:06 PM
.....he does not deserve to have that 40....I do. :D

Jackie
May 2nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
"Acrobat" anyone? That was so lucky. When he landed on his feet, I lost it!!!!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao::whatAreYouThinking:

transplant87
May 2nd, 2011, 05:46 PM
When he landed on his feet, I lost it!!!!!!!
your not the only one that lost it

Rob
May 2nd, 2011, 08:25 PM
:lmao:

Man, I'm glad I don't drive a death trip like that. :erm:

Dude did a great Weeble impression landing on his feet like that.

Hypoid
May 2nd, 2011, 10:02 PM
Incredible!

RockyMtnHigh
May 2nd, 2011, 11:09 PM
Wow! :eek:

Brody
May 3rd, 2011, 05:47 AM
Yeah...those seatbelt thingies.....

Many years ago a buddy and I were working out in SE Denver Metro area, don't even remember where, but we we taking a lunch break and sitting on the upper porch of this house we were building. we saw this Jeep without a top kinda hucking down this road going a bit too fast. Bumpy road with some dips, too. As we watched, the Jeep took this launch and when it landed both the driver and passenger squirted out of the Jeep and flew a long way through the air before hitting the ground. We dumped what we were doing and drove over there. Both the dude and his girlfriend were pretty much paste having received some pretty savage head injuries and were obviously dead. I checked their pulses at any rate to confirm, then drove to find a pay phone to call the cops, grabbed the remains of our lunches and went back to the accident site to wait for the cops to show up.

I think this was back in the 70s, but I will never forget the people popping out of that Jeep. It looked like some Hollywood special effect...

gm4x4lover
May 3rd, 2011, 07:14 AM
where did the jeep go?

Brody
May 3rd, 2011, 03:56 PM
The Jeep nose dived into the pavement and endo'd, pretty much totaling it. Didn't catch fire or anything, but the guy and girl ended up about 80' away from where the Jeep stopped. Like I said, looked like Hollywood FX...They were really going fast, probably over 70...

Mporter
May 4th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Pete I'll buy your autobiography.....i'm just waiting for you to write it.

Brody
May 4th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Thanks Matt!

You may not be far off. I may get it finished before I die. Actually it isn't going to be an autobiography per se, but a collection of all of my stories, coupled with those of some friends, wrapped around the adventures of two climbing bums, Reuben and Juels. Wont quite be a bio, won't quite be fiction, won't quite be the truth, won't quite be outright lies, but should be a fun read.

At any rate, it is outlined and parts of it are roughed out.....

Stephen
May 4th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I have a racing harness from a Porsche track car. When I built race cars we had to take those out quite frequently since they have an expiration date. Most of the time they looked brand new too. New it was $300 and I couldn't give it away on Craigslist. Soooo, I was thinking about putting it in my Jeep. This video proves how dumb that idea would have been. :D

Brody
May 27th, 2011, 06:31 AM
HAHA.......almost..

I like the picture of a Toyota race car that Stevinson Toyota has on their wall. Must be about a million dollar plus car, and it has a huge strip of duct tape holding the fiberglass together on the front end. I like the picture more for the duct tape than the car.....

jdawg33
June 13th, 2011, 02:33 PM
That was great.... Might have spit a bit of my drink across the bar. Very lucky dude