PDA

View Full Version : A Present to all Members!

Aaron
April 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
At the request of some folks...ok one folk...ok it was RockyMtnHigh, the avatar size limit has been raised...kind of.

The old limit was that your avatar would be resized to either have the height or width no more than 170 pixels. Well, since we do not really have a width issue on the site, and most pics are landscape (wider than they are tall), I raised the width limit to 300px.

To get you bigger avatar, you have to re-upload it by going here....

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar

For you geeks, it keeps the aspect ratio of your existing image so if your avatar is perfectly square, it will end up being 170 x 170. If your avatar is taller than it is wide then the height will end up being 170 and the width will end up being something less than that. Only if your image is wider than it is tall (as it is for most of us) do you get the pleasure of a larger avatar.

Chris
April 20th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks Aaron but I think we should be able to go 600px wide! :thumb:

Brad
April 20th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Aaand THIS is why we love you! :thumb:

gm4x4lover
April 21st, 2011, 07:44 AM
sweet.

Brody
April 21st, 2011, 07:55 AM
Nice, I guess. Regular sized avatars seemed fine to me.

RockyMtnHigh
April 21st, 2011, 09:56 AM
Regular sized avatars seemed fine to me.

Regardless of what you've heard Pete, size matters! :lmao:

Aaron
April 21st, 2011, 10:08 AM
Nice, I guess. Regular sized avatars seemed fine to me.

That saddens me. I mainly did it for you since your rig won't fit in the old avatar size :)

Brody
April 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM
Right...uh huh....Obviously matters to some people and they seem to enjoy having their rig avatar picture bigger, so that is what is important.

RockyMtnHigh
April 21st, 2011, 10:24 AM
That went right over you head, unfortunately this isn't the place to explain it to you! :D

Brody
April 21st, 2011, 11:15 AM
Didn't go over my head, but you did manage to step all over my overly sensitive feelings and I wasn't inclined to answer due to said feelings being hurt...

Smash
April 21st, 2011, 11:31 AM
Hmm, does this make my 'burb look big?

RockyMtnHigh
April 21st, 2011, 11:32 AM
Didn't go over my head, but you did manage to step all over my overly sensitive feelings and I wasn't inclined to answer due to said feelings being hurt...

Apparently, I have a tendency to do that!

:GroupHug:

Brad
April 21st, 2011, 11:40 AM
Hmm, does this make my 'burb look big?

You need something in the picture to give it scale. :thumb:

From this angle it looks perfectly thin! :D

Smash
April 21st, 2011, 11:51 AM
LOL. So I should always stand next to people fatter than me, got it! ROLFMAO.

Brody
April 21st, 2011, 01:13 PM
Apparently, I have a tendency to do that!

Being almost 60, there are very few things that will actually 'hurt' my feelings and only one or two people left who can say something that does.

RockyMtnHigh
April 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM
only one or two people left who can say something that does.

Ahh Pete how sweet, I am flattered to be one of those people! :D I am being sarcastic...AGAIN! :eek::lmao:

Aaron
April 21st, 2011, 01:23 PM
You're guy's panoramic images look really good :sunny: