PDA

View Full Version : +1 For Nissan: Nissan Based "Halo Wart Hog"

Brody
March 18th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Well, this certainly should make the Nissan folks envious. I saw the title and had to take a peek since I am a bit of a Halo fan:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/02/real-life-halo-warthog-goes-for-a-test-drive/

I loved driving the Wart Hog in Halo and getting it though all sorts of rocks and other obstacles....after toasting all the aliens on that level, of course. Didn't want any distractions.....I am also a bit partial to the top swivel mounted .50 cal, though the gunner is a bit exposed. Certainly would straighten out those rude drivers that try to cut you off....

Aaron
March 18th, 2011, 07:57 AM
The Warthog is pretty darn cool. The fact that it's based upon a Nissan is interesting...

But, the part I find most interesting is that you enjoy Halo...a video game. :shooter::OMG:

scout man
March 18th, 2011, 08:19 AM
But, the part I find most interesting is that you enjoy Halo...a video game.
THat one caught me of gaurd too Aaron!

:what:

Brody
March 18th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I like a lot of the first person shooter type games, SOF, Halo, Spec Ops, etc, most of the rally games like Colin McRae, Rally Sport, etc, and Forza. I never play them online and have no desire to.

Robert B
March 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
But, the part I find most interesting is that you enjoy Halo...a video game
i agree also ..would have never pegged brody for being a nerd :) (but hey im one too)

BlackRubi
March 18th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Never would have thought Pete would be into games. Just another reason that I like the guy.

Brody
March 19th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I always got a kick out of the newspaper articles where they blame some kids temper tantrum on video games... I have thought that the FPS games are a decent form of cheap therapy because sometimes it is simply fun to kick some alien ass....

We took a twist on the rally race games when we would allow for 'maximum damage' and the object of the race was to see who could limp their car over the finish line with the maximum amount of damage showing. All the tires flat, red lights showing everywhere, not a single straight body panel, tranny hashed, motor stalling out, crabbing in sideways, etc...Entertaining....

Had 3 buddies come over before I met LaDawn to spend the night and get an early start to a weekend's hard climbing. Well, we got to playing a 4 way deathmatch version of Navy Seals or Spec Ops and when we looked at the clock it was about 5AM. We laughed, made some coffee and headed out for a hard day's rock climbing, sans sleep.....

Was over at another friends house where he had cleaned out the family room, installed a huge projection screen and a $5k sound system (borrowed from his work ay Best Buy for the week as a "demo") and we were playing Halo on it. Nothing like playing Halo where the sound is turned up to the point that the windows vibrate and the guys on the screen are 8' tall....