View Full Version : Thanks Pete!

Chris
March 12th, 2011, 06:55 PM
As usual Brody came through for me the last couple days in getting my 4Runner up-to-date with all new fluids, new plugs and new shocks which was the big job. It turned out to be much bigger job than expected on the front struts, what should have been an 1.5 hour job on the left front turned out to be one of those WTF 5-6 hour jobs where nothing went as it should. Fortunately the right front, delayed until this morning, went as it should. I now have OME shocks/struts to match the springs the PO installed which is far better than the stock X-REAS which were a bad match. The fact that everything was tightened by some super-human didn't help either! :eek:

As always, big thanks go to Pete for his expertise and perseverance! :thumb:

Rob
March 12th, 2011, 08:44 PM
:pics:

Good to hear!

Chris
March 12th, 2011, 09:01 PM
You want pics of dirty gear oil? :erm:

scout man
March 12th, 2011, 10:06 PM
yes!

Chris
March 12th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Hmmm, Pete probably cleaned up the oil long ago. How about a pic of the shirt I was wearing when I discovered the front dif was overfilled and dumped all over my shirt? :lmao:

Rob
March 12th, 2011, 11:44 PM
:lmao: That'll work.

Brody
March 13th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Hmmm, Pete probably cleaned up the oil long ago.

Yep, I did. Just as soon as I got back from getting the SAS down the street that was an inch out back on track...

Yeah, 400 pounder Bubba Boy had tightened some of the junk on Chris' rig, including some of the diff/t case drain and fill plugs. And we all know that those need to be tightened to well over 100 pounds , right?

The front diff drain plug, the only one neither of us had a spare for, started out with a 10mm low profile plug (absolutely no need for that to be there as it is up on the side and covered by a skid plate). The 10mm allen head eventually burred out the hole even though heat and PB were applied. It now sports a very solid welded on 25 mm hex head nut.

Thanks Chris! As always, I appreciate the work. FYI, both Adam and I thought that from the look of you rig and engine, that it would have had about 50k on it, instead of the 130k it does. Even after looking at the engine compartment closer and changing out the plugs, I would have said 50k. You have a nice rig and it was nice to find that maintenance was in the PO's vocabulary...

MelloYello
March 13th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Pete's the man! He is currently working on a gas tank skid plate for my Cherokee. I will post up pics when it is done.

Chris
March 13th, 2011, 01:43 PM
It's looking good Keith!

Geno
April 3rd, 2011, 09:11 PM
I went to Petes house today and he measured out my Tacoma for a new Set of Brody sliders. We both run S/C 3.4L v-6 , so I had a great time. And Robert B. (my son) said I should start a build thread on my truck, but I have already done a lot and thats like starting a sandwich in the middle. But I will put up some before and after pics.

94ToyBear
April 5th, 2011, 04:46 PM
sandwich in the middle

a sandwich is food ,,,,,, food is good ,,,,,, food strated in the middle is still FOOD,,,,,,, food is good ! lets see the pics !

Brody
April 5th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Gene

I had to start kinda done with mine. When I joined the forum, my heap was pretty much done. Sure, I have rearranged some junk and chopped a couple 14-16 inches off the back, but as far as an out and out build thread, there are a lot of guys who have some real builds going on and have been working on their stuff a lot. It is cool to see all the different stuff and to look at older pictures or post #1 in a build thread and then see exactly how far their stuff has progressed.

Everyone is curious as to what gets done anyway on anyone's rig, so anywhere you start is a good starting point!

Rob
April 5th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Everyone is curious as to what gets done anyway on anyone's rig, so anywhere you start is a good starting point!

X2. Gene, you should start posting in Mod for the Day whenever you do something to your rig.