PDA

View Full Version : March 6th Run

ccbruin
February 24th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Me and some of my buddies are gonna hit something. Feel free to join. Im excited to test out my new 35s, axle, locker, gears! :DAny suggestions on a trail??

AccordRanger
February 24th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I may be in depending on where it is.

Brody
February 25th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Any suggestions on a trail??

You are going to really limited simply due to the fact that so many trails are closed.

Close in: Left Hand, Bunce, Ironclads, Yankee Hill area, southern end of Rampart Range Road:Illinois Gulch, FS 322, 323, 324, Metberry, Hackett, Longwater

Farther out: ChinaWall, stuff off Tarryall Road, Eagle Rock (CS), Mt Baldy(CS)

Farther yet: Fourmile area (BV), Old Chinaman's Gulch (BV)

Not too much is open.

Johnny Park, Pierson Park and Pole Hill used to be, but I think they are closed.

ccbruin
February 27th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for that! There's also Slaughterhouse Gulch.

Anyone know the condition of Illinois Gulch?

Brody
February 28th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks for that! There's also Slaughterhouse Gulch.

Anyone know the condition of Illinois Gulch?

Go to colo4x4 trail talk. Look at the trail reports and you will see recent posts of trail run reports of both Slaughterhouse and Illinois Gulch. Both seem to be in good shape, though the hills at Slaughterhouse are probably icy due to their orientation. Illinois Gulch has a 100' obstacle that is the main attraction to the trail. The rest of the trail(s) consist of two track dirt roads and provide little, if any challenge. Slaughterhouse used to be a fun, but very short trail, but I haven't been back to it since the FS leveled it out. I have no idea what the condition of the trail is now except from some odds and ends of trail reports. I have no idea what you are looking for in trail run, whether easy or with a challenge or two. Any of the trails listed, with the exception of maybe OCG in BV and possibly IronClads if it has snow, are totally doable in a bone stock rig. Snow, of course, will change matters a lot, making an easy trail a winchfest even for set up rigs.

Aaron
February 28th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I just threw a China Wall run up on the calendar for Sat...