PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Coil Spacers

94ToyBear
January 25th, 2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.rocky-road.com/jeepacos.html

Adjustable Coil Spacers, for Wrangler, Rubicon,
and Unlimited thru 2006

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS ? I HAVE A GUY WHO WANTS ME TO INSTALL THESE FOR HIM.
HES MORE IN IT FOR LOOKS AND TO GO WHEELING ONCE N A WHILE.
I THINK HE SAID THERE LIKE 230 BUCKS FOR A SET AND NEEDS 2 SETS FRONT AND REAR.

Brody
January 25th, 2011, 03:15 PM
They work.

Fordguy77
January 25th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Yet another idea i wish i would of come up with to charge an outrageous amount for such a simple product!

94ToyBear
January 27th, 2011, 01:01 PM
the 02 jeep wrangler i am working on has a 2 inch lift on it already........ i am guessing that if i put these adjustable spacers in i am going to need to have a transfer case drop kit for pinon angle? at least an inch drop right ?? the min lift would be 3 3/4 and max would be 6 3/4 lift. and also i would need breaded brake lines as well correct ? he has an adjustable track bar up front so that should be ok. but will i need to relocate the rear or go for an adjustable one or the drop bracket. any help would be very nice thanks !

Brody
January 27th, 2011, 01:15 PM
You may be able to make a couple of simple drop brackets for the brake lines and bend the existing line a little. This was all that was required on the 2010 Taco 4" lift I just did. the relocation brackets were very simple pieces if 1/8" x3/4 flat stock with a bend or two and two holes. The brake lines were simply disconnected from the stock locations and bent to fit. You will probably have to install or take a close look at everything you are planning to see if that works or not. You will probably get an excellent idea by disconnecting the sway bar and the shocks and getting the rig up in the air, letting the axle droop (carefully..).

As far as the drop down brackets for the T case, unless someone has specific information if this is actually needed, then I would simply do the spacers and see what the angle ended up. If it is close to what it needs to be (ie; not severe) through the whole range of travel, then I would say leave it. I would also suggest giving Bill at Englewood Drive Shaft a call to get his expert opinion.

94ToyBear
January 27th, 2011, 01:29 PM
thanks pete ! sounds good. but what about the rear track bar ?

Aaron
January 27th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I had 2.5" of suspension lift in my TJ and had some vibes. With upwards of 4-6 inches, that short little driveshaft is going to bounce around a lot. I was able to use about 4 washers of transfer case to calm down the vibes but I would be you will be in the market for a SYE and a new driveshaft.

No expert through. Thats just my prediction given my experience... I'd get in touch with Bill.

Brody
January 27th, 2011, 02:50 PM
but what about the rear track bar ?

You may have to fab a 2" longer bracket for it as this will certainly limit wheel travel...but then again, someone who has done this is going to have more experience. This is just my guess as this would shorten up the travel. Keep in mind too, that with the stock bracketry, especially in the back, that as you lift the Jeep, the track bar is the bar that actually 'centers' the rig over the wheels. Whether or not it limits the wheel travel, you will have to adjust the bracket (if the bar itself isn't an adjustable bar) so that Jeep body is once again centered over the frame. You should be able to fab another bracket out of either square or rectangular stock and cutting the side that you don't need off that.

wyota
January 27th, 2011, 04:00 PM
i just put a 3 1/2'' lift on an 04 TJ and it definitely needed the TC dropped at least an inch. The guy who owned it was going to buy one from Rubicon express.

Brody
January 27th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Here are the Rubicon Express drop brackets and the link. The first one is for the front, the second for the rear.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products/Default.aspx?part=RE1602

94ToyBear
January 27th, 2011, 05:28 PM
wow you guys are a bunch of help ! thanks ! let me know is you guys ever need a extra hand with anything ill be happy to help you guys out !

94ToyBear
January 28th, 2011, 08:21 AM
with a lift 3 3/4 to 5 3/4 from stock is there any need to replace front or rear control arms ?