PDA

View Full Version : C.W. McCall - Black Bear Road

cfr
January 18th, 2011, 12:16 AM
I remember him from the Old Home Bread commercials (below) back in Iowa (he was an advertising guy in Omaha).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhQF5ih-tWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyOdodH9LN8

Cr33p3r
January 18th, 2011, 07:43 AM
That is a pretty good video for black bear pass.

Brody
January 18th, 2011, 08:15 AM
That's pretty harsh first thing in the AM. Doesn't seem like it had anything much to do with Black Bear Pass, more like "Put the fat kids on a diet", "When not to use the stupid pedal" AKA" Don't be really dumb when you are on a slippery side hill with a drop off"AKA" Keep your foot on the skinny pedal going through mud holes and do not let up on the gas right at the end of one" all accompanied by rather jarring "Deliverance" music...

Looks to me like ol' CW should stick to commercials and stay on the other side of the camera....

Maybe it was just to damn early in the day, but whoever was driving the Jeep should stick to streets or mall crawling...and whoever was doing the video should try to stick to the actual subject matter....

cfr
January 18th, 2011, 08:59 AM
The song is from the 70's and is reportedly a true story of his trip with his family on the "shortcut". The video is fan-made so take it in stride. Remember, this is the guy that made "Convoy" (Breaker, breaker...). Probably not for everyone but certainly has a place in US pop culture.

wakkjobb
January 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Well I still like it!

Brody
January 18th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Like I said, maybe it was too early, but I have seen much better videos of Black Bear that actually had more to do with the trail....with better driving, etc. Maybe I am just not so easily amused right after I get up, too.

Red Rhino
January 18th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I loved it! Thanks for sharing! CW is one of my favorites.

fredrok
January 19th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Showing my age here, I reckon'.

Funrover
January 19th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I like the song!!! And the record cover..SWEET!

Chris
January 19th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Hey Aaron, have you ever seen an album cover before? :lmao:

Hypoid
January 20th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Like I said, maybe it was too early, but I have seen much better videos of Black Bear that actually had more to do with the trail....with better driving, etc. Maybe I am just not so easily amused right after I get up, too.
I think you are allergic to banjo music. :)

Funrover
January 20th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Hey Aaron, have you ever seen an album cover before? :lmao:

LMAO!! Yes, I actually have some :what: