PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Forum! Thanks Pete

Aaron
January 11th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Hey all,

Pete has compiled a huge amount of information for people who are new to four wheeling and for those of us who just need a good reference every once in a while. This is a large amount of work and I want to thank Pete and all those who helped Pete compile the information.

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?179-Newbie

Note that the threads in the forum are closed. This is meant to be more of a reference than a place to chat so for posts and replies, please use one of the other forums..

Thanks Pete!
:clap:

Brad
January 11th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Very cool info in there. Thanks for the hard work Pete! :thumb:

Fordguy77
January 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks Pete

Jackie
January 11th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks Pete! I'll be popping some popcorn and settleing in on that section very soon!

Brody
January 11th, 2011, 02:58 PM
You are welcome! I hope that everyone finds that very helpful. As far as I know there aren't very many sites that have bothered to compile a basic newbie list. That is one of the reasons that there are so many different sources listed...and I went through easily twice that many getting the information that I gathered together.

FYI, even though it is a closed thread, if there is something that you would like to see in there that I managed to miss, shoot me a PM with you idea and/or a link and we'll see what we can do. It obviously needs to be 'general' rather than 'specific' information, so please keep that in mind.

CR
January 11th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Awesome!
Thanks Pete!
:clap:

4finger
January 11th, 2011, 06:49 PM
thank you Pete!!!!

I guess this means i need to stop bothering you!:lmao:

KnuckleHead
January 11th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks Pete, I'm sure it will get used a alot, as there seems to be a lot of new wheelers on here. ( myself included )

Rob
January 11th, 2011, 09:01 PM
:thumb:

Pathrat
January 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Excellent resource!!! Thanks for the time and effort you put into that thread.

Brody
January 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks, again! It was one of those "Gee, why didn't I think of this a few years ago?" things. Still, better late than never..

The lists are easily cut and pasted into a Word.doc for reference, too. We usually have all of our junk already in bags that get tossed into the rig, but a handy reference is always good. I keep one on the first aid kit on the outside that serves as a checklist for me to replace junk that I used and need to replace. I think Rob has all of his stuff nicely organized in the back of his FJC in a really sweet bag set up he has (pictures, please, Rob...and source link for them..) so his stuff his well organized, but most of us are quite that together..