PDA

View Full Version : Jeep JK Inner Fender Recall

SCRubicon
January 6th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Anybody else out there with a JK get the recall notice for the front inner fenders rubbing through the brake lines? I think it is a 07-09 problem. The dealership will put on metal bolts that will help with the sagging issue. Then, they will trim (laughable) the inner fender up to keep it from ever coming in contact with the brake lines. I had my recall taken care of yesterday. I dropped it off the night before, so it would get in first thing in the morning. They had it all fracking day. Never mind the notice stated that it is a ½ hour job up to 2 hours if the front brake lines need to be replaced. They lost/had no idea where my vehicle even was - it was parked in the first spot right in front of the garage door. Also, it is bright red…can’t miss it…duh. The service manager actually had to go outside to look for it! When I got it back home into the garage and looked at the trim job I almost puked. A retarded chimpanzee could have done a better job with a blowtorch! Glad my brake lines were ok. The jags also tried to talk me into a differential fluid change since I'm getting close to 18k on the odometer. WTF??? I guess they didn't notice the Riddler heavy duty differential covers when they did their courtesy electrical and fluid inspection? Maybe they thought I caught and reused the factory diff fluid??? :confused: I won’t name names on a public forum, but if you shoot me a pm I’ll tell you who to avoid.

Jackie
January 6th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Shoot me that PM please! I got my recall notice just the other day and plan to try to get an appointment this Saturday if possible (I also am due for an oil change). Some guys on the jeepforum said it was an easy fix if your brake lines weren't hurt yet. I always take my Jeep to the dealer on 104th in Westminster.

The Clam
January 6th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Why not tell us on the forum?

Pathrat
January 6th, 2011, 09:55 PM
You do not look ignorant and your Rubi does not look like it is owned by an ignorant person. The stealership people were clearly not paying attention. Did you look for the monkey? He might have been wearing a blue shirt and name tag.