PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Run - Volunteers Needed

Aaron
December 20th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Hey All,

This is the first call for volunteers for the Anniversary Run. We have two big aspects which need to be taken care of: Raffle Giveaways and Food.

Food - I'll be announcing an organizer for the food portion of the event soon! I'll start soliciting for these volunteers then.

Raffle Giveaways - Pete is the organizer for this part of the event but he is going to need volunteer help from some people. We need some folks to help Pete solicit donations of goods, gift certificates, stickers, etc for the raffle. This is great exposure for companies to get their names out there and of course the free stuff for our members is huge as well!

In years past Pete has worked hard on this and has not gotten a lot of support which means that many of the give-aways were for Toyotas (his contacts). Lets get some more feet on the ground to help with this!

It would be nice to get a volunteer to head up getting donations for each make of vehicle on the forum. That is, one for Jeeps, one for Discos, etc.

This Event Can Not Be Successful Without Volunteers! Whose In?

Pete, if I missed any details, feel free to comment or edit as needed!

Haku
December 20th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I'll help with food once you figure out who you want to head it up. I think Pete has the Yota stuff handled, but if he wants help picking stuff up or soliciting businesses, then I would be more then happy to help out too.

Jackie
December 20th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I'm in! I tried to get my Jeep dealership to donate stuff last year with no success - but I'll try again. I'll also donate food/money as needed to the cause. In addition, I'll volunteer to stay at the "base camp" and help with all the prep work that will be involved. I have a grill I could bring (providing I can get a mini-van to the required spot)!!! My Jeep won't carry squat! Or I could haul my trailer behind the Jeep.

I couldn't go last year so I'm really going to try to be there this year.

AccordRanger
December 20th, 2010, 05:21 PM
I will try to see if I can get some ford things donated!
Not too sure if I will be able to make it yet. But if I can I will be more than willing to help out.

fredrok
December 20th, 2010, 05:28 PM
This is reeeaaallllyyyy far out for me to possibly commit (work), but will be glad to help out on the food and cooking side if possible. Got me a nice cast iron hibachi that's been my best friend for many years...also know a real good BBQ expert.....:smokin:

Brody
December 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Here is the list of the folks that I will personally be dealing with:
Davez Off Road
High Country 4x4
4x4 Unlimited
Englewood Drive Shaft
Farris Survival
Arvada Auto Tech
Addicted Off Road
Nemesis
Stevinson Toyota West

Anyone else is fair game.I have worked with all of these folks in the past and they have all been very generous. Bill and Ed will probably rope in a couple more folks, too, from their side of the fence.

As a side note, approaching anyone in business for donations or gifts isn't easy. For one thing, everybody and their brother wants something "free" and all of these folks, dealers, manufacturers, service companies, etc., etc., have all been hit up for "freebies" in some way shape or form before. This isn't saying that they won't work with you, only that they will all be a bit wary and will need some clarification....after you have made contact with the person who can actually authorize this. It helps to have the following information:

Front Range 4x4 website address
Founder's name (full name)
Administrator's name and contact information (full name)
What we do and who we are (Trail clean ups, Toys for Tots, WFTW, etc., etc.)
About how many people are actually on the forum
Percentage of different rigs that are represented on the forum
Your business card
Front Range 4x4 business cards ( I have a mess of them, so if you need some, PM)
Some tact (Yes, surprisingly I have that, but not in abundance...)
Guile
Persistence
Clean appearance

Look at it as a bit like a job interview. Also insist on any literature, stickers or promotional material that they will hand you. Tell them that you will get that information out to everyone on the run.

foxtrot
December 20th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I will try to go to the different 4x4 shopshere in the springs. could you send me som business card pete? I'll pm you my address.

I am also willing to help with food/setup. I will be getting there a day early so just tell me what I need to do!

Fordguy77
December 20th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I will try and round some things up for the raffle, and i am willing to help out with bringing some food.

Robert B
December 20th, 2010, 07:08 PM
what do you need from a food organizer person thingy?? im not good with raffle stuff but i am good with food lol

transplant87
December 20th, 2010, 07:10 PM
im going to round up some stuff for the chevy guys wist me luck lol

CR
December 20th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Hey Pete,
I still have a set of those Taco skids we gave away last year. I have a super lot of sh!@ going on right now so I really don't know if I can commit to anything other than the skids yet but just know that they are reserved for the raffle.

Rob
December 20th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I can help with cooking, cleanup and the like.

And I'll hit up the local shop here for a donation.

Haku
December 20th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I'm trying to get a raffle donation out of Moto-Alliance, which sell Winches and winch accessories among other things.

www.motoalliance.com

Trying to think of other places that have more "universal" things to give out so its not so brand specific.

CR
December 20th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I was also thinking I could probably get a gift certificate from my company. We are not 4X4 related but i know alot of people on here own homes and could probably benefit from a free yard service of some sort.

Dirt Claude
December 21st, 2010, 10:28 AM
Count me in for help with food, utensils, plates, etc.

Brad
December 21st, 2010, 11:05 AM
I will be happy to bring up my shelter to provide some shade or a place out of the elements. Still on the fence about camping out the night before.
Going to try and swing at least 1 collapsable table and some chairs.

As for the raffle I am happy to donate some money towards buying some cool prizes. Being a tech I do all my own work so I am not in tight
with any of the 4x4 shops or vendors. I have some stuff from SEMA I can donate to the cause tho!

Fatboris
December 21st, 2010, 11:56 AM
I doubt I'd be much help on the raffle prizes but I'll ask around. As far as cooking goes, I'm in. I have a cooker that'll do quite a bit of food as well as a bullet smoker. Might need to get someone to haul my cooker as it won't fit in my Heep.

southpaws3
December 21st, 2010, 12:36 PM
Hey Aaron i'm in!!! I'll get w/ Brody and bring food and goodies for the raffel

Mporter
December 21st, 2010, 12:48 PM
I can probably do the same stuff I did last year. A few bags of chips (probably like 5) and then something to toss in the raffle.

Mporter
December 21st, 2010, 12:48 PM
And it doesn't have to be chips, if there's something we need more, just throw an idea out there and I can probably swing it too.

Aaron
December 23rd, 2010, 08:40 AM
For those of you who have committed to helping get donations for give-aways, feel free to use the data from the Poll (% of 4x4 makes in the club) if it will be helpful to get donations.

The earlier you start making relationships with the folks who can donate, the better!

Brody
December 23rd, 2010, 10:19 AM
To add to this:

Please do vote on the poll, as being able to say that we have xxx number of Ford, Dodges, Chevys, etc is going to make a huge difference when you approach a dealership for either discounts or giveaway items. It is about the only way we are going to be able to get this information, so please take a minute and add your rig(s).

Aaron
January 4th, 2011, 07:39 AM
How is this going? Quite a few of you have said you would help Pete solicit for raffle give-aways. Have you started yet? Now would be a good time to start creating those relationships. Again, if you need business cards get with Pete or myself.

If this is going to be a success, we need everyone to pitch it!

Smash
January 4th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Unfortunately found out yesterday I won't be able to make this! I will keep an eye on things, so if there is anything I can do before hand to help out I will do so.

I have zero connections in the 4x4 world, so won't be any help whatsoever in the raffles.

Aaron
January 4th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I have zero connections in the 4x4 world, so won't be any help whatsoever in the raffles.

This gives me a chance to bring up the fact that it doesn't have to be the 4x4 world... We're all outdoorsmen (people, whatever), Coloradans, skiers, bikers, motorcyclers, etc. Even if you just get some no-value schwag like stickers, notepads or anything else, that works.

And smash, we have a few subarus in the club :)

Smash
January 4th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Alrighty, I'll see what I can drum up at some sportsman shops. I like my mechanic, I'll give him a holler. Although, I can't imagine what most folks here would do with a mechanic!! LOL

And thanks for the Subaru comment! Mine is relegated to easy off roading though, as it's my DD (and at the moment, ONLY running vehicle).

Pathrat
January 6th, 2011, 10:03 PM
When things get closer and a food thread is established, Hugh and I will sign up to bring food.

Plus we have an item for the raffle.

sunk
January 7th, 2011, 09:20 PM
What should I bring, Im pretty unimaginative when it comes to this...

KnuckleHead
January 7th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I can chip in as time gets closer and there is a list of what will be needed..... I'll also try to see what I can get for the raffle....

Jackie
January 11th, 2011, 05:09 PM
OK folks - what did you get for Christmas from that "well-meaning" friend or relative that...ummm...:erm: isn't exactly what you might have wanted??? I can think of one thing (and it isn't my winch)! But the next guy or girl might love it!

Chris
January 11th, 2011, 05:24 PM
We must have been bad this year, we didn't get anything!

More honest, we don't exchange gifts anymore outside of giving to the grandkids.

Jackie
January 11th, 2011, 05:28 PM
You weren't bad - you were SMART! I wish I could get our family to be the same way... gifts for children only... (Never gonna happen with this crowd)

tonkatoy
January 11th, 2011, 09:58 PM
ENGELWOOD DRIVE SHAFT WILL BE GIVE SOME GIFT CARDS $25 $50 $100 I cant make it this year truck is pieces :bang:

KnuckleHead
January 11th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I cant make it this year truck is pieces
I'm sure we can get you there.... Keith, Ed, myself.... let me know I'd be happy to pick you up....

Brad
January 12th, 2011, 04:58 AM
There is always at least 1 empty seat in the Rover.

Aaron
January 12th, 2011, 06:38 AM
ENGELWOOD DRIVE SHAFT WILL BE GIVE SOME GIFT CARDS $25 $50 $100 I cant make it this year truck is pieces :bang:

Huge thanks Bill!

Brody
January 12th, 2011, 07:55 AM
You weren't bad - you were SMART! I wish I could get our family to be the same way... gifts for children only... (Never gonna happen with this crowd)

LaDawn and I tend toward the practical. I always get socks and work pants as neither the socks or pants (or sweat shirts) tend to last more than a year, no matter the brand. We have started buying the Duluth Trading Company Fire Hose pants (guaranteed for life) for me, and they still last about 6 months. About 3 months more than the heavy duty, double knee Carharts. We are actually on the 4th pair of pants on the guaranty. LaDawn got some other practical stuff, again socks, and other stuff for her business/car organization. No fun goodies....

Usually we don't get anything for each other except maybe a card as the money we would spend on gifts goes to an island vacation. This year, we didn't have the 'island' $$, so caught up on the practical junk. No kids, so that solves that problem.

Falcon
January 28th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Were is the annual run at I might be available to help I have a BIG smoker and grill combo I have some tables.

Mporter
January 28th, 2011, 10:03 AM
China Wall.

scout man
January 28th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Food thread will be posted next week somtime, and we can start rolling on who is bringing what. Anything listed to this point will need to be repeated on that thread, as there are llike 5 threads will people offering and I will likely miss something if it isnt all in one place!

Fordguy77
January 30th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Well my attempts at getting things for the raffles have been pretty much useless. However i can offer a Large sheepherders tent to use as a "base camp" For housing food and raffle and such, and i have 1 8' card table, and 1 6' foot card table i can bring as well. If we go with this i will probably head up a day early to set up the tent. And stay a day after for clean up. Its a nice tent, just not a up in 5 min down in 5 min setup.

RockGrinder
January 31st, 2011, 12:47 AM
just let me know what is still needed and I will see what I can do to help, ok.

Aaron
February 11th, 2011, 07:28 AM
How are the requests for give aways going?

Brody
February 11th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I haven't started yet. I'll probably start when we are a month away. I have almost no gas money so I am trying to condense my trips into one short period of time.

Aaron
March 10th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hey all,

The Anniversary Run is not far off now. How are the Give-Away's going? I know a lot of you committed to working on this with Pete. It's not too late, head out and let businesses know that there is a large gathering happening of people who spend untold numbers of dollars on their hobby and they want us as patrons.

So, how goes it?

RockyMtnHigh
March 10th, 2011, 08:49 AM
So, how goes it?

You asked this 3 weeks ago, with the exception of Pete's response, so I will save you the suspense now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Chris
March 10th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Pretty much the answer Jock, I say that since nobody is stepping up we just forget about it.

RockyMtnHigh
March 10th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I agree Chris, not trying to put anyone on the spot, although this will do just that, from this thread alone:

Not saying you have to have anything that was mentioned, but come on guys chime in here and let someone know what's what. :thumb:

I will try to see if I can get some ford things donated!

I will try to go to the different 4x4 shopshere in the springs!

I will try and round some things up for the raffle.

I still have a set of those Taco skids we gave away last year.

I'm trying to get a raffle donation out of Moto-Alliance, which sell Winches and winch accessories among other things.

I was also thinking I could probably get a gift certificate from my company.

Alrighty, I'll see what I can drum up at some sportsman shops.

ENGELWOOD DRIVE SHAFT WILL BE GIVE SOME GIFT CARDS $25 $50 $100

foxtrot
March 10th, 2011, 09:15 AM
i tried.... and failed. all the shops down here pretty much suck when it comes to small gatherings. they said they only do big events.

Fordguy77
March 10th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I agree Chris, not trying to put anyone on the spot, although this will do just that, from this thread alone
For the record before you point me out for lack of attempt i have already stated that i have been trying, and i have been unsuccessful in my attempts. I've still been trying and have yet to show anything for it, but it does not mean i was not trying...

Well my attempts at getting things for the raffles have been pretty much useless

Brad
March 10th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Admittedly I have not done a whole lot towards this, I am fairly new to 4wheeling and have not bought a whole lot or created any relationships in the professional community.
Having said that I am donating out of my own personal stash BG products. What and how much I am not certain as I need to access my chemicals cabinet, but there will be several cans of product.

Chris
March 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM
As those who have tried w/o luck shows just how much effort Pete put into it last year. As the winner of the bumper that Scotty donated I have to say all the goodies were great. That winning went to Todd so I could buy Ed's RTT which I sold to Mr. Matt giving me enough to buy my pop-up. Lots of members benefitted from that single donation.

The catch is this sort of thing shouldn't be on the shoulders of one guy, thst's not the way we do things. In answer to "What have you done Chris?" the answer is nothing.

Aaron
March 10th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Let me say thanks to those of you who have tried whether you were successful or not. You're efforts are appreciated.

The rest of you, there's still time!

RockyMtnHigh
March 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I've still been trying and have yet to show anything for it, but it does not mean i was not trying...

Go back and read the second line I wrote.

I wasn't calling out anyone for not coming through, my point in all that was Aaron asked 3 weeks ago and nobody except Pete answered, then again today and I decided to add the reminder of those who said they would try, since it's a little over a week away.

If you've tried and not succeeded great, but let someone know about it. I am not going to look down on anyone, times are tough, businesses may not have the promotional cushion they once had, so it maybe even tougher this year to get things out of them.

CR
March 10th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by cr89yota

I still have a set of those Taco skids we gave away last year.
I will be sending some stuff with Rob including the skid plates, about 150 Boulder MVUM's, and am still working on my boss for a gift card of some sort.
I also will be going by Greg's 4WD Xtreme tomorrow to see if he would be interested in throwing anything out for us.
I wish we could make it but unfortunately, life does happen outside of wheelin so we're really looking forward to this summer season.
Have a great time all!

AccordRanger
March 10th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I have not had any luck so far. I'm going to try a few more places. Also going to dig through both garages and see if I have anything worth bringing.

Jackie
March 10th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I got a big "nothing" from the Jeep dealership I go to - and I've tried twice with a total of 6 business cards hand-delivered to the 6 people I spoke to. Sorry to dissapoint.

scout man
March 10th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I'll dig through my garage again and see if I have anything left from my craigslist deal a while back. Unfortunately I dont think there is much left in there that would interest anybody.

AccordRanger
March 10th, 2011, 09:54 PM
I am currently waiting to see if Spidertrax is willing to donate anything.

Fatboris
March 13th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Sorry, all, I had great intentions. That said, my job relo'd to another state and I did not so my heads been up my arse as of late trying to scrounge up something that'll provide gas money for spring and summer.

Like my dad always said "Excuses only make the person who gives them feel better." aaahhhhh, I feel better :)

Rmart74
March 14th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I am pleading with the company I work for to donate at least to cases of beef jerky / brisket to raffle ($100 value) We are a Colorado based beef jerky and sunflower seed company (DUKE'S™ Beef Jerky is the leading Cobranded SKU in the US with co brands like Jim Beam, Kikkoman, Frank's RedHot and Stubb's Barbecue sauce. BIGS® Sunflower seeds is also climbing very quickly as Baseball's preferred seed with co-brands including Frank's RedHot, Vlassic Dill Pickle, Jim Bram & Bacon Salt.) I will bring samples also.

Mporter
March 14th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Shameless plug ^ :D

Rmart74
March 14th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Not really... it is not my company I just design all the packaging... I am just trying to let you know what you MIGHT win... and if you do make sure to let me know how good it is! :D

Haku
March 14th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Sorry, I am just kind of miffed with the need for the whole raffle thing, and don't see the need or appeal.

I had other stuff that I said, but decided to edit it since it was just me being contrary.:erm:

Chris
March 14th, 2011, 12:53 PM
The bumper was donated by Addicted, Josh. I think Scotty got a good return on that as does Bill at Englewood. :thumb:

Entitled? That's just absurd.

Haku
March 14th, 2011, 01:04 PM
The bumper was donated by Addicted, Josh. I think Scotty got a good return on that as does Bill at Englewood. :thumb:

Entitled? That's just absurd.

Sorry, I meant the $500 rocker panels for the TJ. I had bumper stuck in my brain. I guess I just don't see the point of all this pushing for stuff when most raffles I see for much bigger events only have a few items to raffle. I have a feeling that Addicted and Englewood already got, and would continue to get, plenty of business from us no matter what due to their good reputation and doing people right. Can't say it was the same for some of the big ticket items like the Rockers and the ARB fridge thing last year, from companies who didn't have a previous presence on the forum.

I think you put it right... "lets just call the whole thing off". Guess its not my deal though, as I won't be there.

Chris
March 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
There was no ARB fridge, IIRC the fridge was used and donated by Ash. The rockers I have no idea about return on the donation since I'm a Yota guy and it was from Nemesis that makes only Jeep stuff.

Since you won't be there it's all irrelevant isn't it? I don't see any reason for your initial post other than trying to ruffle feathers.

Aaron
March 14th, 2011, 01:39 PM
There are many types of benefits that people can get from donating goods to raffles like this. They can get the benefit of direct purchases from folks who attended the event. They get the word of mouth benefit from the winner and from other folks in the group. They get mentions on forums like ours which get them better google and other search engine results.

I won those sliders last year and I was very active in the forums (here and other places) singing the good graces of Nemesis Industries. If someone asks me about sliders, bumpers, etc, I tell them first about Pete and then about Nemesis. I didn't buy anything directly from them but I hope that my efforts have helped them out. When it comes to buying bolt on iron, I would buy it from them.

In the end, what we are trying to do is make this event as good as it can possibly be and we have found that the raffle has been fun and mutually beneficial to all involved. However, this club is about the entire group working together to make the club and all of its events successful. It shouldn't be based upon the action of a few people. What was interpreted as negativity is little more than a reminder to people who said they would help out.

For those of us who are going, this is going to be a grand ole time hanging out with great people, eating great food and perhaps going home with something cool from great companies. :sunny:

Haku
March 14th, 2011, 02:08 PM
There was no ARB fridge, IIRC the fridge was used and donated by Ash. The rockers I have no idea about return on the donation since I'm a Yota guy and it was from Nemesis that makes only Jeep stuff.

Since you won't be there it's all irrelevant isn't it? I don't see any reason for your initial post other than trying to ruffle feathers.

Fair enough, edited it.

Rmart74
March 14th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Wow. Shocked by the negativity. It is all just to bring out good respectful people who enjoy at least one thing in common...4x4, and have a great time.

Pathrat
March 16th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Besides raffles being fun, allowing members who are also vendors to show their goods and skills, allowing for some goodies we might be reluctant to buy for ourselves and promoting some good old-fashioned bartering, a give-away is a cultural tradition and a group-promoting experience.

I have gone to Lakota give-away ceremonies. The act of giving is celebrated. The more you give, the more respect you gain. The better you give, the more esteem you are granted by men and by God. I don't care if you believe in this or think it is a bunch of hippie-dippie crap, it is not my intent to promote a belief system. It is my point to remind people this tradition has been around for a long time in many cultures and there are good reasons for it.

Pathrat
March 16th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I put together a small, secondary vehicle emergency kit for the raffle.

Jackie
March 16th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I don't know if anyone would be interested in this or not, but I have a "Life is Good" spare tire cover for a 33" Jeep spare tire. It was a gift to me...and as nice as that thought was, it is just taking up space in my garage. I'll be happy to include it in the raffle if you think anyone might want it. I'm not really into the spare cover thing and also, I only have 32's, so it doesn't fit!;). It really is like brand new. I put it on my spare for about a week while the person who gave it to me came to visit!!! (And then it came right back off as soon as she left!)

RockyMtnHigh
March 16th, 2011, 10:32 PM
I'll be happy to include it in the raffle if you think anyone might want it.

Heck, I would want it, but I wear a lot of their clothes too.

AccordRanger
March 18th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Spidertrax said they are willing to donate something. Not sure what it is as they are not able to have it yet. But we can have a raffle and I will bring it to whoever wins it.