PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Nissan Frontier Body Lift

94ToyBear
December 9th, 2010, 12:27 PM
my buddy want to change the look of his 2004 Nissan Frontier a wee bit. so i said try a small body lift and 31's.
Its all just for looks he is not in to wheel'n that much.......yet. lol

if anyone has done one on a frontier or knows what has to be changed let me know please any help would be great.

thanks
Adam

Mporter
December 9th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Should have posted in the Tech Help section....im sure someone will move it for ya

Brody
December 9th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Moved...To answer the question for you and your buddy, basically the newer the rig the more of a PITA a body lift goes. I haven't done one on a newer Nissan, but my guess is that it isn't going to be too much different than ones that I have done on newer 4Runners and pick ups. Again, since you have just done one on yours, it is basically the same, same as you did, with a couple of exceptions: You are definitely going to have to add/use the supplied radiator brackets to move the radiator up. Expect to lose some skin as you will have no room to work. Every one I have done on a newer 4Runner, I have left serious amounts of hide getting these simple supports in. Think braille with no room to work and you will be on the right track. If the lift requires that you use supplied lengthening whatevers to lengthen the steering arm, do not expect them to work as the manufacture says they will. Expect to spend a fair amount of time getting these to work right. The last three newer 4Runners I have done lifts on had one body mount hole in one corner of the front that for some reason was too small to accept the newer/longer bolts. These are a real PITA to try to drill out. I simply went to the store and got the right length bolt that was the stock size. This could be a manufacture's problem more than a Yota problem..At any rate, the newer the rig the more PITA they are. You quickly see why places like High Country and 4x4 Unlimited charge $1200 for a 'simple' body lift.