PDA

View Full Version : Scout Man's New Tow Hook

scout man
September 2nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
I got tired of my front tow hook the way it was, and since brian was nice enough to rip it off this past weekend, it was time for a big change.

I took the bumper off, cut a square hole in the middle (still figuring out the new plasma) cut a matching square on the next layer... then welded in a 1/4" 2x4 behind that - cut two more holes, and stuck a receiver hitch all the way through. I welded the front part up solid, and when I get back I will weld the other 3 layers solid. This thing isnt going anywhere!!! But first I have to go pick up my new drive shaft from Bill. Will be done tonight or tomorrow for the after pics, but here is some for now.

scout man
September 2nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
and a weld I am pretty proud of. Its nice when they are right there and easy to get too!!

Brad
September 2nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
Looks good! :thumb:

Funrover
September 2nd, 2010, 04:52 PM
SWEET!

southpaws3
September 2nd, 2010, 09:08 PM
OOOOOOOO-nice

Red Rhino
September 2nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
I got tired of my front tow hook the way it was, and since Bryan was nice enough to rip it off this past weekend, it was time for a big change.

When you are finished I will test the weld by trying to rip it off again, just let me know. :thumb:

Bryan

scout man
September 2nd, 2010, 10:04 PM
When you are finished I will test the weld by trying to rip it off again, just let me know. :thumb:

Bryan

haha, alright, sounds good. My goal was to overbuild this as much as I possibly could, so I think if you pull it off you are going to pull the hole front of my frame with it.

please dont do that!

KnuckleHead
September 2nd, 2010, 10:09 PM
Looks good so far, can't wait to see it finished

Red Rhino
September 2nd, 2010, 10:27 PM
It looks great. I think it will be more that strong enough.

Bryan

1freaky1
September 3rd, 2010, 08:11 AM
Looking good Steve:thumb:

WINKY
September 3rd, 2010, 09:09 AM

Bryan

i was the first to rip it of on yankee hill, i will gladly volunteer to do it again as well...!:D

scout man
September 3rd, 2010, 09:26 AM
i was the first to rip it of on yankee hill, i will gladly volunteer to do it again as well...!:D

yea, but brian one upped you, instead of ripping off the hook he ripped off the whole damn front cross bar! Turns out it was really welded like i was told it was :rolleyes: Getting sick of that, rewelding everything now.