PDA

View Full Version : Saturday December 4th Trail Run, Anyone?

Brody
November 28th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Trying to get an idea if there is interest in doing a trail run on Saturday, December 4th. We were thinking about either doing a run up to Bunce School and the Ironclads or south to China Wall and some other roads off Tarryall Road. We are open for either one.

Essentially, we just want to stay off the I70 corridor to stay out of any ski traffic. We expect to find snow on either trail.

dr350jja
November 28th, 2010, 09:03 AM
will be at the Toys For Tots Caravan :)

Mporter
November 28th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I might be down for Ironclads/Bunce maybe....depending on work and finals.

Roostercruiser
November 28th, 2010, 03:08 PM
truck isnt ready, and ill be at toys for tots

AccordRanger
November 28th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I may be down for Bunce, but not sure yet.

Haku
November 28th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I would likely be up for a trail run. I would prefer something closer, so I'll vote the Bunce area too.

Rob
November 28th, 2010, 05:17 PM
A maybe for me. I'm skipping the Toys for Tots run because I need to have some cash for my annual donations to local causes.

94ToyBear
November 28th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Brody do you think my truck can make it on these trails ? if so im sure i can make it. how far is it to the trails ?

Rob
November 28th, 2010, 06:24 PM
You're truck should be fine. Bunce is relatively easy, though snow will make it more challenging. Ironclads isn't all that difficult, either, but it's steep in spots.

For distance, get Mapquest directions from your address to Allenspark. The usual meeting spot is the Diamond Shamrock in Lyons.

94ToyBear
November 28th, 2010, 06:41 PM
cool. thank you ! i looked the trails up on a site called traildamage.com hope i can make it.im about an 80% sure.

traliduster2
November 28th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I would like to hit a trail on my end. I have no idea where the other trails are that you speak of. I will look them up on the trail report page and see if I can do one of them. I just droped the buffalo off at warlords to have some work done to it. I would prefer to do china wall but its just one mans oppinion! :smokin:

Medic-5150
November 28th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I would be interested in riding along with someone on China Wall as I've never been on that trail. My truck is sadly out of commission though so actually driving myself on any of the trails is not gonna happen :(

foxtrot
November 28th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I would be down for China wall

ColoradoToy91
November 28th, 2010, 11:21 PM
China wall looks like fun, but I will be consumed in my last finals and then graduation from college

Robert B
November 29th, 2010, 04:12 AM
i would love to do china wall more than you kno wbut since there is still no work that i can find that gun pointed at the govt ppl is looking quite nice since ive been looking for about 7 months now

Brody
November 29th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Brody do you think my truck can make it on these trails ? if so im sure i can make it. how far is it to the trails ?

Traildamage.com is a tried and true trail reference. I like it because most of the photos/videos deal with the obstacles and, even though almost all the pictures are of Jeeps, you do get a very good idea what set mup you need to have in order to be able to do the trails. We also have a good trail resource on this forum that members have been contributing to that also helps.

As far as your truck being able to do either of the trails, the answer is yes. You may not want to do all of the obstacles on the China Wall trail, but these are all optional, anyway, for the most part. Distance wise, Bunce/Ironclads is about 40 minutes outside of Boulder and China Wall is about 1 1/2 hours from Denver town out 285. The driving time from Denver to either trail is roughly the same, with China Wall being a bit farther.

DaJudge
November 29th, 2010, 10:21 AM
will be at the Toys For Tots Caravan
Me too.

DETN8R
November 29th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I...might be in. You know me, I'm more of a web wheeler these days.

Pathrat
November 29th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I will completing my retail duties and putting the sock kits together.

94ToyBear
November 29th, 2010, 09:18 PM
whoooh ! im sure im in !

Jackie
November 29th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I'll be getting back from Florida (not a vacation) the Friday night before, so I'll have some work to do and kids to attend to. But have fun out there!!!

94ToyBear
December 2nd, 2010, 05:23 PM
soo whats the word ? anyone going up ?

traliduster2
December 2nd, 2010, 05:30 PM
not sure where were going. Pete whats the latest word? I have the buffalo ready for what ever.

Brody
December 2nd, 2010, 05:32 PM
I am out. I have an electrical bug in my heap and my hands full with a lot of work on an FJ62, so I won't be able to get to mine. People expressed interest, so maybe post up a run on either of those trails...

Haku
December 2nd, 2010, 05:45 PM
I'm out too. Thought I was working 2nd and 3rd and its actually 3rd and 4th. I might be up for something on Sunday though.

Mporter
December 2nd, 2010, 05:48 PM
Im working as well....sorry guys

Rob
December 2nd, 2010, 11:14 PM
I still want to get out. I'll post a run to Bunce/Ironclads on Sunday, which is supposed to clear and warmer than Saturday in that area. If at least one other person commits, I'll definitely be there. I have a winch on the 40, chains and plenty of recovery gear.

94ToyBear
December 2nd, 2010, 11:23 PM
i dont see a reason why i couldnt make it but lets just say im 70-80% sure im in.

94ToyBear
December 2nd, 2010, 11:25 PM
if i do go, were would you want to meet ? im in denver.

Rob
December 2nd, 2010, 11:30 PM
I just posted the trail run on the calendar. Meeting place is Diamond Shamrock in Lyons (Longmont address, though). Go to the thread and click on the "yes" button and hit submit to RSVP.

Mporter
December 3rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Going snowboarding on sunday. Unfortunately .

Rob
December 3rd, 2010, 12:46 PM
I'm still up for Saturdey...Anyone?...Anyone?...

Well, I hate to change plans quickly, but if I don't get a confirmed yes from anyone by tonight, I can change it to Saturday. Any other votes for Saturday?

Rob
December 3rd, 2010, 09:48 PM
Sorry. With four "maybes," I think I need to stick with Sunday and I shouldn't wheel both Saturday and Sunday. Hope you can make Sunday. And I hope some of those maybes turn to yeses.