PDA

View Full Version : Just a few of the reasons I hate CU Football

Mporter
November 21st, 2010, 12:40 PM
1. They suck....end of story
2. Makes trying to park on campus a nightmare
3. Drunken a**holes will throw signs through the back window of your rig.

I got woken up this morning to a few texts and voicemails saying that some jacka** threw an event sign through the back window of my cruiser. Thank goodness i have comprehensive insurance.....OH WAIT, i don't.

Thank you Boulder, for ruining my day off of work.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/shotgun12321/e1b1c992.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/shotgun12321/34a0651b.jpg

Rob
November 21st, 2010, 12:46 PM
Wow, that sucks, Matt. Any idea who did it, other than drunk idiots?

Mporter
November 21st, 2010, 12:49 PM
That's about all the info i got. Just woke up, checked voicemails, went to the truck and called the cops.

CR
November 21st, 2010, 01:47 PM
Karma is a b!tch. They will get what they deserve eventually. Sorry that happened to you.

RockyMtnHigh
November 21st, 2010, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear that!

Fordguy77
November 23rd, 2010, 12:35 AM
Sorry to hear that! Thats another reason why when i go up to boulder i never stay long or overnight

Brody
November 23rd, 2010, 05:30 AM
Sorry to hear that , Matt.

edog
November 23rd, 2010, 12:06 PM
Sorry to hear that. I will apologize on behalf of Boulder, the drunk students/partyers/bums ruin a lot of this town unfortunately.

Mporter
November 23rd, 2010, 12:08 PM
True that. At least Cruiserparts.net has the window for a more reasonable price than the stealership. Toyota wants $500.16 just to get the glass in, then id have to take it someplace else to get it installed.

Fordguy77
November 23rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
True that. At least Cruiserparts.net has the window for a more reasonable price than the stealership. Toyota wants $500.16 just to get the glass in, then id have to take it someplace else to get it installed.

Have you tried any of the glass shops? When someone busted out my 70 F100 front window, i ended up finding it cheapest at a main stream glass shop.

Mporter
November 23rd, 2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah I check a bunch of local places and the mainstream (elite/safelite) and they pretty much said they couldn't get it but if i found one, they could install it.

Fordguy77
November 23rd, 2010, 12:37 PM
Yeah I check a bunch of local places and the mainstream (elite/safelite) and they pretty much said they couldn't get it but if i found one, they could install it.

Ah that sucks, its not even a expensive piece of glass. But looks like its only $90 so thats not to bad. Sorry to hear about that man.

Brody
November 23rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
Usually not too hard to install yourself, Matt. Some nylon string, a little soapy water and some patience will go a long way.

Here is from one forum:

In my experience there are two types of rubber-set windows.

The first uses an H-shaped channel, with a groove for the glass and a groove for the sheet metal. (Sometimes the H is pretty contorted.) You install that type by putting the rubber on the glass, then wrapping a stout cord around the rubber in the sheet metal channel, leaving loose ends of about six inches. While one person holds the glass in place from the outside, a second person pulls on the cord from inside, "zipping" their way around the window. The cord, as you pull it, pulls the rubber channel lip up and over the sheet metal.

The second type is similar, but has a plastic or rubber "lock strip" which fits into a channel on the rubber to hold everything in place. I've never installed that type, but I gather that you slip the rubber onto the glass, slip the whole thing into the window opening, slipping the rubber over the sheet metal lip, then install the lock strip (using a special tool, which I've heard is worth buying) to install the lock strip.

I have only run into the regular rubber on the windows that I have replaced. Haven't been many, but they have all been fixed like your rear window and the string thing did it for me. BTW, don't do this on the coldest day you can find, either as it is nice to have the rubber pliable.

This video will get you in the ball park and has a lot of links that you can get to the actual fixed rear window install:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2tdwxYX_dc&feature=related

Hope that these help. I did my first one with " Feed a string under the rubber when you take it out and put it in" being my only instructions and it worked fine. I have done maybe 5-6 since then and where I am no expert, it isn't that hard to do. Nylon clothesline works pretty well. I found soaping the rubber helps a lot, but just use a cheapo brush and a small container of soapy water and brush it on where you need it or stuff gets way too slippery.

wakkjobb
November 25th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Ye-ow... suck. Sorry 'bout that but at least they didn't trash all the glass. If you were closer to Co Springs I have a friend who works for a glass shop and he's helped me out a few times; I had to buy the glass but he helped install it for super-cheap.

>>Dan

Mporter
November 25th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah I just ordered a replacement one from Cruiserparts.net since Toyota wanted to jack me around on the price. $500 for a window without install? I think not.

Roostercruiser
December 18th, 2010, 06:15 AM
oh crap:eek:

Haku
December 18th, 2010, 09:23 PM
If its flat, many of the glass installation places can cut a piece for you. Might be a bit harder to find one with a defroster, but maybe not. Sounds like you have it handled already though. Let us know if you need another set of hands when you install it.

Mporter
December 19th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Yeah I got the glass (factory L/C glass from cruiserparts.net) so I just gotta have some time to get it in.

Jackie
December 19th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Some people suck. So sorry that happened to you. I never understood causing damage to other people's stuff even when I was young and stupid. It's just stupid.

Robert B
December 19th, 2010, 06:48 PM
a friend of mine recently had his really nice excursion egged......... some ppl suck X2 is your window easy to install ??

Mporter
December 19th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I dunno. probably just gonna take it to some glass company and have them install it.

AccordRanger
December 19th, 2010, 11:00 PM
If you choose to do it yourself and need any help installing it shoot me a pm. I'm only about 30 min away.

96blkbeauty
December 20th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Sorry about that man. Boulder sucks imo. But more importantly, people suck. They suck everywhere these days. Seems like you can't escape them.

Mporter
December 20th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the offer Shayne, but I just got it replaced today. You never realize how much you take that window for granted, until you have cardboard back there :lmao: