PDA

View Full Version : wrenching assistance Saturday

scout man
November 17th, 2010, 11:01 PM
My transmission has been having problems again, and I found a great deal on a newly rebuilt one that I am hoping to pull saturday morning. My usuall helpers are all unavailable, so I would love if someone could give me a hand. If I pull just the transmission, I should be able to have it out in an hour or two, loaded up, and headed home. However, I am also debating pulling the engine as well for an extra $100 just to have one sitting around to rebuild overtime, and swap in when I get around to it. Not sure how long this part would take, as I have never pulled a scout engine. If anyone is willing to help me out for a while and get greasy, I will buy you lunch!! Scout is in Aurora near havana and 70. Let me know if your interested!

Brody
November 18th, 2010, 04:40 AM
I have to work Saturday. Good luck with this.

I thought that your transmission woes were over and done with..

Robert B
November 18th, 2010, 06:59 AM
if i didnt live about 80 miles away.........

scout man
November 18th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I thought that your transmission woes were over and done with..
I thought so too. They were for a while, but in the last couple months its started slipping again, and I am having trouble pinning down the exact issue. Instead of trying to fix mine again, and take it in and out and in and out, I am just going to try my luck with a new one that was supposedly just rebuilt and has no problems at all!

Dirt Claude
November 18th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Love to give ya hand Steve, but I'm helping a buddy move. Good luck!

scout man
November 18th, 2010, 12:10 PM
thanks brad

I have been meaning to PM you... any chance of borrowing that transmission jack from you again? I am hoping to use an engine lift instead this time, but in case it doesnt work it might be good to have the tranny jack too.

Dirt Claude
November 18th, 2010, 12:14 PM
No problem, PM sent

scout man
November 18th, 2010, 02:44 PM
thanks Brad

Still looking for a set of hands for saturday. I can actually pull a tranny by myself, I have done it before. However, I can not lift the tranny into the back of the truck by myself!

Patrolman
November 18th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I have an engine hoist, but it isn't the cool folding style. Pops apart into about 5 sections with about 8 different easy to un-do bolts. I have the turkey run that morning and then an agenda following. I am home Friday or earlier Saturday morning if you need the hoist. Already out for easy access.

scout man
November 18th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks Jeff. I will let you know if I need it. Josh is helping me pull this sunday now, and he still has Bryans hoist. Assuming bryan is ok with it, I will probably just use that one!