PDA

View Full Version : Abndoned video

Brad
November 12th, 2010, 06:33 PM
This is creepy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcja8UBtXdk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AccordRanger
November 12th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Real creepy, was expecting something to pop out the whole time.

Seems like a good opening for a zombie/end of the world movie.

Robert B
November 12th, 2010, 08:29 PM
this just shows that the things we build around us today will not last very long (the steel structures do though) and that if man did disappear we have little that will stand the test of time

Chris
November 12th, 2010, 09:30 PM
there's a tv show called "Life After Man" that shows how the world man has built will fall apart over time when we're all gone. Not enough coverage of plants & animals growth but pretty interesting. IIRC steel structures will take 150 years of neglect to collapse.

Rob
November 12th, 2010, 09:48 PM
steel structures will take 150 years of neglect to collapse

That's why the Egyptians used stone to build their pyramids. They knew steel pyramids wouldn't last long enough. :D

It's scary to think that most traces of civilization would be gone in the geologic blink of the eye if we weren't around.

Jackie
November 12th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Very creepy indeed. Did any of you ever visit "Boardwalk and Baseball" in Florida? It was the training ground to the KC Royals and was among the best theme parks I have ever seen. (I worked there as their "Entertainment Production Coordinator"). It was soooooo much fun! I was there when they tore down "Circus World" (which was it's previous name) and built the new park. The grand opening was incredible and I was happy to be part of it! The park seemed to thrive... then before you know it... we all got layed off and it closed. Cypress Gardens is closed as well. ( I used to work there too before B&B). Ahhh... i miss those days. So much fun and I used to call it "work". Hehe!

They'll probably doze 6 Flags and put in a parking lot.:rolleyes:

Funrover
November 12th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Wasn't creepy to me, just highly disappointing. All the vandalism was BS. Guess I look at it differently. I am glad it will be torn down.

Brody
November 13th, 2010, 04:31 AM
It's scary to think that most traces of civilization would be gone in the geologic blink of the eye if we weren't around.

Not really. Judging from what I have seen of the areas where there haven't been too much human impact, this was actually a pretty nice planet at one point...:lmao:

96blkbeauty
November 24th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Pretty interesting, but also not creepy to me. It also reminded me of the show "Life after People."

Makes you wonder why they never re-opened it.

SCRubicon
November 26th, 2010, 01:51 PM
You think that's creepy? Ever been to Lakeside Amusement Park? :D