PDA

View Full Version : Frontrange 4x4 is the Best

Aaron
November 2nd, 2010, 05:48 PM
And as a 1/157th owner of this site, I want to do my part to keep it that way. We have the best members of any 4x4 organization, ever. Since all of you own just as much as I do, I hope you feel the same way.

So, in that spirit, I am reminding everyone about the "Don't Be a Jerk" clause of the membership agreement. This forum was built on members helping each other out and building each other up. Constructive criticism and disagreements are great but negativity for negativity's sake should not be tolerated by us as owners. So here's the deal...

1. Don't be a jerk.
2. If someone is being a Jerk, tell me. If I'm being a jerk, tell Pete. He'll smack me down.

Lets keep this group great! Negativity be damned!

scout man
November 2nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
Aaron your being a jerk!! :D Just kidding, your doing a great job! :thumb:

Brad
November 2nd, 2010, 08:10 PM
Agreed! I would expect any mod to tell me if I was being rude or a jerk.
I would hope we are all adult enough to understand:
"treat others how you expect to be treated" :thumb:

AccordRanger
November 2nd, 2010, 08:50 PM
1. Don't be a jerk.
2. If someone is being a Jerk, tell me. If I'm being a jerk, all of you get together and smack me down.

Lets keep this group great! Negativity be damned!

Fixed it!:p

Chris
November 2nd, 2010, 08:54 PM
Checking out some 4Runner forums has really brought home what a great group is here! Let's keep it cool!

CR
November 2nd, 2010, 08:55 PM
I think this is common sense for most of us here. But, reminders are always nice for some too.
Thanks Aaron and thanks to everyone on here!:frontrange4x4:

AccordRanger
November 2nd, 2010, 09:02 PM
This is by far the best group I have run with. It's nice to have a mix of vehicle makes on runs.

:frontrange4x4:

Fordguy77
November 2nd, 2010, 09:22 PM
Checking out some 4Runner forums has really brought home what a great group is here! Let's keep it cool!

Just other forums(from cars to tech in general make me really love the FR4x4 all that much more.
:frontrange4x4:

BlackRubi
November 2nd, 2010, 11:00 PM
Geez, Aaron...that was kind of a jerk thing to say! LOL!

southpaws3
November 2nd, 2010, 11:44 PM
gosh!!!!!!! Aaron!!!! YOU JUST WANT A GROUP HUG !!!;)

KnuckleHead
November 3rd, 2010, 12:24 AM
I think this is common sense for most of us here. But, reminders are always nice for some too.

X2.

Roostercruiser
November 3rd, 2010, 04:10 AM
were not a forum but more like a family. Im proud to have stickers on all my vehicles.

Brody
November 3rd, 2010, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the reminder Aaron! Being the real touchy/feely person I am, don't expect me to give you a big hug the next time I see you....ain't gonna happen.

And it is a great forum, too, so like Aaron said, let's keep it that way. People may notice, since when you now delete a thread, that it gets posted as 'deleted by so and so'. I even delete my own threads if I find I am being a jerk...Who? Me?....HAHA

And keeping both religion and politics off the forum keeps the negativity down to a large degree, too, so lets remember that. Funny how that works, but if you kept religion and politics out of the whole world equation, we, as a race of semi intelligent beings, would probably all get along just fine, too.

Brad
November 3rd, 2010, 08:39 AM
Considering most wars are fought over religion, politics or resources :erm:
Makes sense to me ;)

Haku
November 4th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the reminder Aaron! Being the real touchy/feely person I am, don't expect me to give you a big hug the next time I see you....ain't gonna happen.

And it is a great forum, too, so like Aaron said, let's keep it that way. People may notice, since when you now delete a thread, that it gets posted as 'deleted by so and so'. I even delete my own threads if I find I am being a jerk...Who? Me?....HAHA

And keeping both religion and politics off the forum keeps the negativity down to a large degree, too, so lets remember that. Funny how that works, but if you kept religion and politics out of the whole world equation, we, as a race of semi intelligent beings, would probably all get along just fine, too.

hahaa......I want to see what happens when someone other then LaDawn tries to give Pete a hug. You have to get it on video though.

I agree entirely about digging Front Range and everyone on it. Every time I have needed help or advice someone has been there. Drama crops up on occasion, but its rarely hurtful or bad, just slight disagreements.

Now, we just need to get the "hardcore" wheel contingent together more often. Guess it starts on Black Friday this year, and hopefully continues more into the winter with some Carnage BV and Penrose runs.:thunb:

Rob
November 4th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I am reminding everyone about the "Don't Be a Jerk" clause of the membership agreement.

"People need to be reminded more often than they need to be instructed." -- Samuel Johnson

Ole Sam was a bright guy (check out his first dictionary): He also gave us these gems:

-- Such seems to be the disposition of man, that whatever makes a distinction produces rivalry.

-- There are, in every age, new errors to be rectified and new prejudices to be opposed.

southpaws3
November 5th, 2010, 10:49 PM
PETE IS LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE LIKES HUGS !!!!!! or maybe just mine????????????????????:eek:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE

Brody
November 14th, 2010, 05:31 AM
No, not real big on hugs, even yours, Ed. Just LaDawn's. Of course, my folk' hugs were fine when they were alive, too, but we never were a big 'huggy, touchy feely family' even when I was growing up.

Chris asked me the other day when I saw him if I had gotten into a lot of fights when I was growing up and I said that I had. I have gotten into a lot of fights my whole life, actually. He explained 'tactile defensiveness', a sensory deprivation syndrome, which I found very interesting as it was something that I had never heard of before. Since even as an adult, I have always reacted violently (I should probably say 'overreacted') to people crowding me, pushing me, bumping me, and tend to avoid situations where there are crowds for that reason (ski areas, concerts, bars, movie theaters), it actually explained quite a lot. Never been able to 'play wrestle' or spar (been kicked out of a few martial arts groups/classes) well, either for the same reason, even as a kid. Just reacted much too violently and didn't "play well with others". Though the articles and explanations tend to focus on children, the crossover into adult behavior is easily made.

Bottom line, I guess, is that Pete and hugs don't go hand in hand, whatever the actual issue is, though now I at least tend to give a little thought (too little) before I 'overreact'.....

Chris
November 14th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Yep, when LaDawn mentioned Pete doesn't like massages I asked 2 questions, really only one and then crowded Pete's space to figure it out. I recognized it because my son is tactile defensive so I'm very familiar with it all. What Pete didn't mention is that he, like all tactile defensive people, is wired a bit differently and certain kinds of touch (light brushing, bumping, jostling, etc) triggers the "fight or flight" response normal to us all. Where most of us need to be seriously startled to instinctively turn and pop someone tactile defensive people react that way nearly all the time.

southpaws3
November 14th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Iknow how you feel B!!! I think my years in the military and medical field w/ having to wrk so close w/ people has taken the kind of edge off :erm: