PDA

View Full Version : Wheeler Lake or Coney Flats MSV?

Brody
October 17th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Anyone interested in doing a Wheeler Lake or Coney Flats/MSV/Ironclads run towards the end of the month? Coney/MSV get closed in the first part of November and Wheeler will soon be closed at the same time due to snow. Both runs will certainly have snow on them and will provide a bit of challenge.

I hope to be able to get tires on my heap before this or I am not going to be going, but it looks like they are in the works, so I am hopeful.

Just trying to generate some interest, so speak up. Like I said, either one is going to provide some challenges and will have snow. Wheeler may not be passable all the way to the lake due to snow,. but should be sporting no matter how far we get. There are other runs in the area, so if we get shut down on Wheeler, there are alternatives. Lotsa stuff around Coney/MSV, too, but I have run it a great number of times before they close it and it is usually passable. Many other wheelers try to get in one last run on these trails, too, so expect company, especially on Wheeler.

Medic-5150
October 17th, 2010, 08:35 AM
I would be interested in possibly riding with someone. Depends on if my other half is working or not, I'll keep an eye on this.

Chris
October 17th, 2010, 08:41 AM
If I get the Runner 'winter ready' I'd be up for it.

Brody
October 17th, 2010, 01:44 PM
If I get tires and LaDawn thinks that there is going to be snow, she may very not want to go. You have a seat in my heap if that ends up being the case.....

Medic-5150
October 17th, 2010, 01:50 PM
If I get tires and LaDawn thinks that there is going to be snow, she may very not want to go. You have a seat in my heap if that ends up being the case.....

Thanks Pete. We'll see how things unfold.

Aaron
October 17th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I could be persuaded.

Rob
October 17th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I'd be up for MSV/Coney.

scout man
October 17th, 2010, 05:43 PM
i might be up for wheeler. It one I would like to do if I am available

AccordRanger
October 17th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I would be in, but i would need to ride along with someone.

Robert B
October 17th, 2010, 08:02 PM
hopefully i can go at the end of the month so i would like to if you think my truck can make it and the 5/6 trails kinda scare me away cause the snow but if they have no huge cliffs id give it a shot the lower rated trails though seem like a go :) again im kinda like in being hopefull that i can get the last 3 things done to make the truck ready to go

scout man
October 17th, 2010, 08:30 PM
If I go I will have a spare seat for whoever wants it

AccordRanger
October 17th, 2010, 08:57 PM
If I go I will have a spare seat for whoever wants it

I'll take it!

scout man
October 17th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I'll take it!
Cool. Its yours if I go. cant promise this far in advance though, as work usually pops up for me in very short notice.

gm4x4lover
October 18th, 2010, 07:43 AM
I have been wanting to run wheeler in the snow. Let me know what sounds good. Maybe next sunday?

Brody
October 18th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Tires gotta go on first for us....gotta get them yet, too...

Robert B
October 18th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Cool. Its yours if I go. cant promise this far in advance though, as work usually pops up for me in very short notice.
if brody does get his tires and mine is fixed by then (pray to the car gods) then i would have 2 seats open as the third is missing half the seat belt :)

Fordguy77
October 18th, 2010, 05:05 PM
If the ranger is back and action and i dont have to worry about the FJ as a DD, i am in for either! But snow does sound fun!

Trailrat99XJ
October 19th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I should be in!

Brad
October 19th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I am out of town the 29th through the 6th. Any other time I am in!

billsbar
October 21st, 2010, 05:05 PM
I should be up there somewhere around MSV or trails around that area on the 30th. With what looks like at the moment a dozen or so Samurai's

Jimmy
October 21st, 2010, 05:17 PM
I'd be in for Wheeler if I'm not working.

Brody
October 22nd, 2010, 09:24 AM
LaDawn just informed me (she is the person who can actually manage and budget for things in this household....Not I) that we are very close to having money for the tires. I hope to be able to do the tires next week, so an end of the month run might just work out.

They do close MSV/Coney the first week of November....Wheeler is primarily based on snow accumulation..

Haku
October 22nd, 2010, 08:55 PM
LaDawn just informed me (she is the person who can actually manage and budget for things in this household....Not I) that we are very close to having money for the tires. I hope to be able to do the tires next week, so an end of the month run might just work out.

They do close MSV/Coney the first week of November....Wheeler is primarily based on snow accumulation..

Just out of curiosity....whats wrong with your Nitto's? You wear them out already?

Brody
October 23rd, 2010, 05:16 AM
After 2 years, 1 1/2 of which the truck was my DD, I am down to the safety bars.

MelloYello
October 24th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Let's do this run. I am interested. Either trail. Plan it already! : )

Brody
October 24th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Someone else can plan it as we won't go unless I have good tires....and that isn't a sure thing. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...someone post it up, either run (keeping in mind that the MSV/Coney trail closes the first week of November....sometime..., so plan a back up) and if we can make it, we will and if we can't, then ya'll have fun....To paraphrase:

If we don't see ya on this trail,
We'll see ya on the next one
So don't be late
Don't be late.....

jdawg33
October 24th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Well, I would really like to do MSV again before the end of the year since me and X have some bruises after that run. Now that I have a better rig and ready to run (thanks Aaron) this is one that would be great to tackle before year end. Of course I am game for either, so long as I can can squeeze in one more run in the next week or two. Let's get one planned, count me in :) Besides I need to test the new steering box and see how it does on the rocks

Aaron
October 25th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Need to decide.. I might spend the weekend putting on the new control arms, changing the oil and helping Skeeters put on his lift.

jdawg33
October 26th, 2010, 10:24 AM
You can wrench on stuff after the trails close... Let's go climb some rocks

Aaron
October 26th, 2010, 11:12 AM
You can wrench on stuff after the trails close... Let's go climb some rocks

Set it up jDawg! I don't know if we'll be able to make it. I have to see when Joe wants to put on his lift.

Somebody get it on the calendar though!

jdawg33
October 26th, 2010, 05:36 PM
MSV\Coney it is then... posting now!