PDA

View Full Version : Cascade Creek/Saxon Mtn October 16th

Brad
October 7th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Looking for any interest in this run.

Run up Cascade creek and come down saxon mtn. Or run the Cascade loop and hit a spur or 2 (not spring creek ;) )
After, those who are interested hit up some dinner in Idaho springs on the way down.

Meet up around 9am.

Robert B
October 7th, 2010, 12:30 PM
it would hinge greatly on if i can get the blazer plated and insured by then and fix a few more things on it but if i can make it it would be fun <edit> do you know if the shelf roads on the one that has them are tiny or decent size...i did upgrade to fullwidth now..

Brad
October 7th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I don't see a shelf road listed on either map.

Chris
October 7th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Saxon's where the Jeep went over the edge a month or so, search for the thread and there's god info on the current conditions. It's generally very easy and scenic but may have some washouts from what I recall.

Brad
October 7th, 2010, 03:33 PM
There are warnings of washouts during spring thaw. Nothing I have heard or read lately. Again. We can always change it up. Cascade has lots of play areas.

Funrover
October 7th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I'll talk to the better half and see what plans we have

Aaron
October 7th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Call me a definite maybe!

scout man
October 7th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Last time I ran Saxon a full size could fit just fine. However, Saxon is probably the #1 trail on the list of trails I would prefer not to drive again. And heights dont bother me at all, its just that its all bouncy rocky stuff the hole way and not a ton of fun IMO.

Chris
October 7th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Yeah, it's definitely one of those "air down for comfort" trails. Reminds me of Mt. Antero, easy but rocky as can be...

Brad
October 7th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Winky just posted mosquito pass too and that is another run I would like so if there is more interest in that run we could go that route. ;)

Aaron
October 7th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Winky just posted mosquito pass too and that is another run I would like so if there is more interest in that run we could go that route. ;)

Ooh. That's one I wanna do!

Brad
October 7th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Alright, I decided to go mosquito pass. Join up, let's get more of us on the same run!:thumb:

Rob
October 7th, 2010, 08:29 PM
its just that its all bouncy rocky stuff the hole way and not a ton of fun

X2 on that

Redcreeper
October 8th, 2010, 11:25 AM
On the switchbacks a bit of a warning..... Not sure of exact local on the road but there is a HUGE POINTY rock the will make the FULL SIZE guys pucker a bit. I have full width Wagoneer axles and was unfortunate to go down that with only rear brakes ( cut a line the the rock garden ) and when i was going by it i had a rock kick my front to the right and only had half a tire on the road. Wife did not say much till a few days later of what it looked like from her view.......