PDA

View Full Version : independence sunday

foxtrot
September 24th, 2010, 09:03 PM
anyone know of anyone that is running indeendence on sunday? im going out there to watch :)

WINKY
September 24th, 2010, 09:34 PM
that would be a cool idea! i might join ya to watch!

foxtrot
September 24th, 2010, 09:43 PM
yes, I got inspired today :) we went down there today after happy apple farm but no one was on the trail. we walked about half, and I figure there will hopefully be a lot of people there on Sunday. you don't want to take the dodge through it? :lmao:

Robert B
September 24th, 2010, 09:44 PM
whats happening sunday now ???

WINKY
September 24th, 2010, 09:46 PM
you don't want to take the dodge through it? :lmao:

sure if u get me another!:D

foxtrot
September 24th, 2010, 10:00 PM
lol :2c: <---- thats how much I have. you want to meet up and cruise on down? im going to post on a couple of other forums to ask around but im sure there will be people there

WINKY
September 24th, 2010, 10:50 PM
yeah we can do that, you wanna ride with me? or both go there?

foxtrot
September 24th, 2010, 11:05 PM
I'll catch a ride if you don't mind. my rig has a bent drive shaft, and my DD probably wouldnt like that road going there with 6 inches of ground clearance :D

Brad
September 24th, 2010, 11:08 PM
All I see on independence is a boulder field. I don't know how they even call that a "trail"! I hope some day the Rover can go up that. Of course it will need a exoskeleton first. I am sure Pete and Sean can hook me up. :D

foxtrot
September 24th, 2010, 11:10 PM
lol, its hard to even walk it let alone drive it

WINKY
September 25th, 2010, 01:58 AM
boulders 8ft high and ledges 10-12 feet high.... you should go and check it out, i dont advise driving the trail itself without a buggy or serious crawler

WINKY
September 25th, 2010, 02:06 AM
i wont be able to go, i dont have enough $ for fuel and im on a tight budget. :(

JeffX
September 25th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Liberty can be driven with a DD on 35s -w- winch and lockers. Body damage is likely if bunker hill is attempted.

Haku
September 25th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Hahhaa......your Dodge could make it.........this guys did....

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=173520

Front and Rear lockers, a cage, at least 35" tires and very possibly a winch are highly recommended. You might be able to get away with missing one of those things. That said, while I agree that its a good idea not to take a vehicle through it that you care about the body, I've seen reports of people with surprisingly mildly built rigs getting through. They had to winch a lot and scraped stuff up, but its relatively doable. Probably not gonna style it like a lot of the buggies do though.

I'm not going down there till I can make it through at least Liberty though. Not into driving that much just to watch.

WINKY
September 25th, 2010, 02:51 PM
i must be thinking of independence is the nasty one....

Haku
September 25th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Liberty is the easiest one, but still about as hard as Holy Cross (from what I hear). Independence is a definite step up and needs lockers and big tires, and a cage is recommended. Patriot is the really hard one there and for moderately built rigs will require a winch, and even the more built rigs will have a hard time. Of course, I've never seen this in person, so I can't really say. Pictures never do it justice, and the pictures look pretty hardcore, so I bet its pretty crazy there.

WINKY
September 25th, 2010, 05:00 PM
ahh it was patriot, that is the one with the big almost vert wall face.

mushroomax
September 26th, 2010, 08:04 PM
So, get any good pictures today?

foxtrot
September 26th, 2010, 09:45 PM
no good pictures, phone died :( 3 guys on the trail. ran fowards then backwards. 1 scary flop at the end where the guys head was laying on a rock (the rig was on its side) and his battery which was an oversized one fell loose and came within inches of crushing his head. luckily he was ok and it missed :bowdown: my friend got a video right before it died but it's nothing too exciting. I'll post it up tomorrow night

mushroomax
September 27th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Wow, glad nobody was hurt.

Volcom
September 28th, 2010, 11:29 AM
One of my favorite trails!! I plan on running it a couple of times this winter once everything else gets snowed in.

Sent from my TI-82 using Tapatalk

Brody
September 29th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Hahhaa......your Dodge could make it.........this guys did....

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=173520

That is a picture of Jamie and his Dodge. That thing is set up really nice and he drives the **** out of it. It has also been rolled a fair number of times. He was on the forum for awhile a couple of years back.