PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Project? DONE!

upnover
September 14th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I should give these guys a call to help me..... LOL

http://thebubble.msn.com/#/video/?id=285bf0e7-528d-4188-b008-af88b7137f32 :thumb::thumb:

Aaron
September 14th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Thats cool!

scout man
September 14th, 2010, 09:53 AM
yea, that seems to be a popular clip right now. Its cool, but I would like to see them do that with a real jeep that isnt all setup for the purpose. Clearly things are not bolted, just clipped and pinned together. Take that thing down a dirt road and it would probably look like the old cartoons where the guy is just sitting in mid-air holding an empty steering wheel!

Haku
September 14th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Very cool, but I agree with Steve. Nothing was tightened down, and a lot of stuff seem like they just popped a bolt or pin in without torquing anything down. Anyone else notice the exhaust hanging down? Still pretty neat though. Those old Army Jeeps didn't have much to them (in a good way), and this really shows it. I bet they could spend another 10 minutes on it and have it be more drivable and "real life", which is still impressive. Red Rhino was telling me about the competitions where they strip and rebuild a Chevy 350 V8 in a matter of minutes, and its along the same lines.

Funrover
September 14th, 2010, 04:38 PM
That was awesome!

Jackie
September 14th, 2010, 07:53 PM
And I paid HOW MUCH for my Jeep??? Very fun video!

KnuckleHead
September 14th, 2010, 08:09 PM
To bad I can't do that with my K5, but then again it is a DD, I'd hate for it to just fall apart

1freaky1
September 14th, 2010, 10:10 PM
amazing what a bunch of quick disconnects can do

upnover
September 15th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Ya ,don't read to much into it, just a cool jeep thing. LOL

It looks like if you parked your jeep in Detroit after dark.......

Fordguy77
September 15th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Red Rhino was telling me about the competitions where they strip and rebuild a Chevy 350 V8 in a matter of minutes, and its along the same lines.
Some of these competitions are insane! I like the ones where they actually have to drop it in and have a running vehicle better, IMO there more fun to watch.

Brad
September 15th, 2010, 03:46 PM
If only Audi's were that easy to tear down. :D

Steven_Mc
September 16th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Interesting, running with no coolant? I also never saw them hook up the rear driveshaft... What about brake lines? It must have had a very simple electrical plug to disconnect the chassis from the engine. I wonder how many times they had to practice this sequence?

scout man
September 17th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Yea, if you notice the guy that first gets out walks up to the front of the frame and pulls something. I think that was a release handle that released latches on a lot of components. Probably released pins holding the body on, then ingine bolts, and maybe even the leaf spring bolts.