PDA

View Full Version : New Posts and trail runs.

Andrew
September 1st, 2010, 11:28 AM
Apparently when you click "New Posts" it doesn't show any of the threads for planned trail runs which have new posts in them.

Is this fixable or do we just have to live with it?

I use the new posts thing all the time just to see if someone has posted in a thread I'm following since I last looked, etc.

Chris
September 1st, 2010, 11:41 AM
It does not show your own new threads since you've already read then when you posted them.

MelloYello
September 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
Subscribe with an email alert. Then you will get an email as soon as someone posts up in that thread.

Andrew
September 1st, 2010, 05:50 PM
It does not show your own new threads since you've already read then when you posted them.

Erm...what?

Aaron's Tincup thread/trail run post had new posts in it since I had posted and it didn't show up.

Andrew
September 1st, 2010, 05:51 PM
Subscribe with an email alert. Then you will get an email as soon as someone posts up in that thread.

I don't want to do that.

Chris
September 1st, 2010, 06:02 PM
Verify your general settings but beyond that I have no suggestions on why it's happening to you and nobody else Andrew. :confused:

Andrew
September 1st, 2010, 10:32 PM
Just doesn't make sense - it works for all threads except for trail run threads.

Chris
September 2nd, 2010, 08:08 AM
Oh, I see what you're saying. I missed that it was consistently trail run threads Andrew. Is it all trail run posts? I'm going to guess it's just Planned Runs where the RSVP is part of the forum. If this is the case it narrows down my possibilities. I can make some sense if this is the case since the modifications really aren't designed to work together in the software we're using.

Andrew
September 2nd, 2010, 08:43 AM
Yeah it's just the planned trail runs with the RSVP's. Now I don't expect it to show up if someone RSVP's, but you can make posts in the thread below that - and those don't show up either as being new.

Chris
September 2nd, 2010, 08:45 AM
Okay, thanks Andrew. I'll look in to this today, hopefully it's fixable.

Andrew
September 2nd, 2010, 09:53 AM
Well now one of them showed up. ColoDisco posted in my Sept. 4th thread and it was in the list. Aaron's thread never showed when it had new posts though. Maybe it was a fluke.

scout man
September 2nd, 2010, 10:09 AM
they show for me usually. I will say that on occasion I will get a email notification that a post has been updated, then I get online under "unread posts" and its not there... but it is pretty rare and there doesnt really seem to be a pattern to it.

Chris
September 2nd, 2010, 10:37 AM
I'll go with "fluke" for now. ;)