PDA

View Full Version : 08-17-10 Downtime

Chris
August 17th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I took the forum down for a few hours this morning to do some delayed fixes that were causing problems. Everything is fixed, some old 'features' are gone, minor changes you may or may not notice but the bottom line is that all problems should be resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Brody
August 17th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I have gotten this one three times today when I have tried to reply to a post with a quote:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.
That's the official explanation but you probably had unreal expectations and tried to upload some huge images. Please reduce the size of your images and try again.
If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/sendmessage.php) and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Front Range 4x4 Forums

Chris
August 17th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I'm working on more fixes, did you try to upload an pic?

Chris
August 17th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Everything should be working for everyone. Let me know if you find that's not true.

Please delete your cache and try again if you still have a problem.

KnuckleHead
August 17th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I take it we will not have the easy little tab that takes up back to the top...?

Rob
August 17th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Or the "quote selected text"? Bummer.

Chris
August 17th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I take it we will not have the easy little tab that takes up back to the top...?

Or the "quote selected text"? Bummer.

I plan to putting them back, I highly doubt they caused trouble and I used them a lot!

scout man
August 17th, 2010, 10:07 PM
and smilies on the quick reply?!?!

Rob
August 17th, 2010, 10:18 PM
I plan to putting them back, I highly doubt they caused trouble and I used them a lot!

Can you add features one at a time, then when things go awry, remove the last added feature?

Chris
August 17th, 2010, 10:24 PM
when things go awry

When? Hpw about If?

And smiies? I'll end up where I started! I'll try Steve.

Chris
August 17th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Two down, smilies are next.

scout man
August 17th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Im happy after smilies!! No more changes needed for me!!! I just rarely used the "go advanced" section...

Chris
August 17th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Here you go Steve! ;)

Chris
August 18th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Oops, the smilies stop the RSVP system from working. I'll try to find a fix.

Chris
August 18th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Okay, not only is this better but it doesn't conflict with the RSVP's. :)

scout man
August 18th, 2010, 10:02 AM
:thunb:

Fordguy77
August 18th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Okay, not only is this better but it doesn't conflict with the RSVP's. :)

Awesome!!

Brody
August 19th, 2010, 05:26 AM
I got this one this morning when I logged on from LaDawn's laptop.....and all I did was enter my name and password....:

Invalid Private Message specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/sendmessage.php)

Brody
August 19th, 2010, 05:28 AM
I'm working on more fixes, did you try to upload an pic?

Nope and the cache has been deleted. At least I am not getting the same error messages all the time...

Brody
August 19th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Site is happy this AM for sure. I was in the middle of replying to someone's post and got slammed right out of it with this message:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

The most likely reason is that you are trying to access a member only page.

Oh....and I was 'logged in'.......

Brody
August 22nd, 2010, 09:52 AM
And again this AM when all I did was to sign on. This, BTW, was on a brand new computer with the cache deleted, yada, yada, yada...

Invalid Private Message specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/sendmessage.php)

Chris
August 22nd, 2010, 10:26 AM
What OS and browser you running Pete? I haven't heard from anyone else having any issues so I'd like to see if I can replicate the error.

Are you sure it was a valid member you were trying to PM?

Brody
August 25th, 2010, 04:53 AM
WIN 7 and Firefox. And I wasn't trying to PM anyone. All I had done was to sign in...

Chris
August 25th, 2010, 07:54 AM
I don't know what to say Pete. I thought that maybe if I ran the latest upgrade it would take care of this for you. You saw the results of that yesterday. :eek:

Fordguy77
August 25th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Im running Win 7 with Google Chrome, and it works just fine, if you want to try that Pete.

Brody
August 25th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Im running Win 7 with Google Chrome, and it works just fine, if you want to try that Pete.

I have been getting error messages on 5-6 different computers running different combos of Google, Google Chrome, XP Pro, Win2k Pro, Win7 Home, XP Home, and Win 7 Pro......The OS and the version of Google don't seem to make much difference. The error messages just pop up out of nowhere and it doesn't seem to matter too much what I am doing-logging in, answering a PM or replying to a post. Twice I have booted totally out of the system as soon as the error message appeared...

Chris
August 25th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Very strange Pete. Maybe I should run the upgrade I tried a couple days ago. :erm:

Next time I'm over I'll have to try your machines, I just don't get it. :frown:

Brody
August 27th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Very strange Pete. Maybe I should run the upgrade I tried a couple days ago. :erm:

Next time I'm over I'll have to try your machines, I just don't get it. :frown:

Of course it won't do it when you are over, much like a car mystery noise that never shows up when you take it to a dealer. At the moment it is a moot point as the complete internet service is now down at the house and has been for about 3 days.....