PDA

View Full Version : MSV-coney flats aug 7 2010

Robert B
August 9th, 2010, 05:25 PM
passenger nerf bar again but harder this time so it actually sits closer to the body now and somehow i lost a sway bar bushing that sits behind the front skid plate.. for those that were there that was my knocking sound i couldnt find........ im not sure how to put words in front of each pic but one is of the good bushing and then the mising one --edit- oh almost forgot but since i had to go back to the springs and denver was stopped all the way through on I-25 my butt is was damaged from sitting so long but i decided to not put up those pics :)

Aaron
August 9th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Those rails look a lot like Jason's rails from the last MSV Coney Flats trail. His was off a Nissan as well.

Robert B
August 9th, 2010, 05:29 PM
the side rails? there are just the stock ones

Aaron
August 9th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Not any more. For both of you they were reshaped for better rock-o-dynamics...

Robert B
August 9th, 2010, 05:36 PM
hey it is its own art form :)

Pathrat
August 11th, 2010, 10:20 PM
I don't have pictures but I did blow my upper pulleys on this trail. I read warnings from one of the FJ guys on the dangers of going through high water and what it can do to the idler pulleys. I was not immune.

Rob
August 11th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I read warnings from one of the FJ guys on the dangers of going through high water and what it can do to the idler pulleys.

Is there a way to protect them from water?

1freaky1
August 12th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Is there a way to protect them from water?

Avoid the water is really the only way, spraying them with a silicone lubricant will only last so long before it washes/wears off.

Pathrat
August 12th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I did not see anything on the FJ forum articles that there is a fix, other than the suggestion of buying aftermarket pulleys.

Rob
August 12th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I did not see anything on the FJ forum articles that there is a fix, other than the suggestion of buying aftermarket pulleys.

Maybe that's why I don't make big splashes in the water. :)