PDA

View Full Version : MSV/Coney & Plane Crash spur

cfr
August 7th, 2010, 10:09 PM
I was behind Todd at the end of the day and he broke a shock somewhere along the way. Airing up, I noticed that I'd bashed the rear bumper a bit on the passenger side.

Rob
August 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM
You could add CR's oil cap, but that happened at his house, so maybe it's not considered trail carnage. :)

I don't even want to look at my diffs and U-bolt plates after the beating they took on FS202 of the T-33A trail. And my compressor quit running after my third tire. Probably a fuse, but I haven't checked yet.

Brody
August 8th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Not surprised about the shock as Todd's rear shocks, like Chris' front shocks, were too short and were limiting the droop and flex. I guess he found out that when the axle wants to droop, and really wants to droop, the shock is going to extend no matter what.....

Time to talk to ScoutMan about some shocks, I think. Get 'em a few inches longer....like 4 inches longer, at least....

Funrover
August 8th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Ouch!

scout man
August 8th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Time to talk to ScoutMan about some shocks, I think. Get 'em a few inches longer....like 4 inches longer, at least....

yup, I still have piles, so let me know what length and end-types you need and we will get you all set up.

Chris
August 8th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I still need to see what you have Steve.

scout man
August 8th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I suspect I will be spending a lot of time in the garage/driveway this week, so let me know if you want to swing by.

Chris
August 8th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Okay, I think I'll do that - finally. :redface:

wyota
August 15th, 2010, 10:43 PM
yes, i will need to do some thing before too long. might have some $ left over from my new tire's fund. found a pair of 63's on CL for 50 bucks i would like to pick up a pair fox 2.0 16'' or similar witch would leave me in a good place for four link when the time comes and be a nice improvement in the mean time, but if the big bucks arnt available i will be getting a hold of you scout man! i need the longest two eyed shocks ya got. ill be back in denver on the 22nd.

Brody
August 17th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Keep in mind the fact that if you angle the shock mounts and raise the mounts above the frame in the center for better articulation, you are going to be dealing with added length due to the angle, too.

What I would do is to disconnect both rear shocks and crank your rig up with the Hi Lift. Then measure from the center axle (or wherever you are going to be relocating the shocks) to points about 3-4 inches off center and about 1-2 inches lower than the bottom of the bed. Add an inch or two to this and you probably aren't going to separate your shocks.