PDA

View Full Version : Cruiser out of commission for a little

Mporter
July 19th, 2010, 12:28 PM
So the other day I started hearing this strange knocking coming from the engine compartment and when me and my dad checked we saw that the pulley (which we presume to be the water pump) has a lot of unwanted movement. So I now have to call a bunch of places to get quotes on how much it's gonna cost to repair it.

:mad: Sad day.

Chris
July 19th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Sorry to hear that Matt but things wear out. Order one from Toyota and do it right - go through Cdan on 'Mud and you'll get a good price as long as you mention 'Mud. He's a real good guy and will tell you any other things to consider doing while you're at it. My suggestion is to toss the fan shroud once you pull it. Other than that I have never had to do it myself yet.

Mporter
July 19th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah im not sure if i have the time to do it myself though.

Brody
July 19th, 2010, 02:40 PM
So the other day I started hearing this strange knocking coming from the engine compartment and when me and my dad checked we saw that the pulley (which we presume to be the water pump) has a lot of unwanted movement. So I now have to call a bunch of places to get quotes on how much it's gonna cost to repair it.

:mad: Sad day.

Not to add insult to injury, but when you do the water pump, especially as it seems to have worn out, now is the time to do the idler and timing belt/chain also and give your self another 60-70k or more of trouble free driving. You have to take all the same junk off to replace the water pump as you do to change the belt/chain, so the actual labor cost is pretty close...and need I mention changing all the belts and hose while you are down into that.....