PDA

View Full Version : If you were camping near Ward...

Speedwagon
July 17th, 2010, 09:58 PM
What trails would you run? I'm going to be helping out at Champ Camp this coming week, camping out at Glacier View Ranch. I'll have the afternoons fairly free, so I'd like to run some of the easier trails. Any recommendations? Anyone want to join me on a few?

cfr
July 17th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Look at Traildamage.com for details. Here are a few,

1. LeftHand Reservoir (near Brainard lake). Not much of a trail, but a great lake at the top.
2. Middle St. Vrain / Coney Flats
3. Bunce School Road / Ironclads
4. Switzerland Trail
5. Caribou Trail west of Nederland

Brody
July 18th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Mitch is driving a Subaru Brat, BTW, so suggestions like Ironclads, MSV, Coney Flats, Miller Road don't quite work.

Speedwagon
July 18th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Mitch is driving a Subaru Brat, BTW, so suggestions like Ironclads, MSV, Coney Flats, Miller Road don't quite work.

I know Ironclads is out, but MSV as well? I've never been down it, so I don't know. But I always thought MSV was on the easier side.

Brody
July 18th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I know Ironclads is out, but MSV as well? I've never been down it, so I don't know. But I always thought MSV was on the easier side.

The first 'real' obstacle on the MSV trail where there is a bit of a mud pit and a pile of boulders to go through would stall you due to clearance issues.

Coney Flats to the lake from the Beaver(??) Reservoir side is certainly passable to the lake and would be fun.