PDA

View Full Version : Moody/Crystal, Twin Cone, Red Cone update

Brody
June 24th, 2010, 06:46 AM
According to Colo4x4 reports, Twin Cone is now open to the top, Moody and Crystal are open, and a group ran Red Cone and made it down to Montezuma.

The last was a scheduled maintenance run, so I don't believe the trail is officially open yet. Obviously it is going to happening soon.

Pole Hill was also run, so it is open. There are some folks going to try Wheeler this weekend, too, but will probably not get too far due to snow. About all they are expecting to do is to see how far they can get and bust the trail a little farther, much the same as I have done on previous years.

Andrew
June 24th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I wouldn't expect to be able to go on Webster Pass to get down from Red Cone. They probably haven't fixed the washout and it's probably gotten worse.

Aaron
June 24th, 2010, 07:40 AM
That was scary last year. I was up on the side of the hill in my Jeep. Then I looked back up from below the washout and saw Nitto up there in his full size dodge. Crazy Scary..

I'm up for a mid-end July Moody/Crystal trip. I'm still not doing the Quarry though.

scout man
June 24th, 2010, 08:01 PM
i really want to get back on moody, as that was my first trail in my scout, a long ways before where it is now.

Brody
June 25th, 2010, 05:07 AM
I'm up for a mid-end July Moody/Crystal trip. I'm still not doing the Quarry though.

Not a big fan of the Quarry, either, mainly because one mistake and your rig would be trashed. Kinda like doing a rock/ice climb with a 100' ground out potential..

I would do it if I took a strap at the top for safety, but other than that the 'F' factor is too high to make it fun for me.