4x4
    75 International Scout
    User Name
    scout man
    Real Name
    Steve
    Thanks Given

Default junkyard

Hey, does anyone have a price list for Colorado auto and parts?? Their website doesnt list prices that I can find. Also, if anyone is around there, would you mind checking out the scout thats on the lot and picking up the tranmission shifter boot if it is an auto? Mine ripped the other day and it lets a ton of exhaust fumes in. I also need some axles shafts as spares, but probably wont have the money for those right now. That is why I was wondering about prices. Thanks!

Last Online
    August 9th, 2012
    User Name
    Brody
    Real Name
    Pete Brody

Default Re: junkyard

Pull and Pay usually lists prices on their website. They are cheaper overall than Colorado Auto parts ($18 for a drive shaft vs $50 and $22 for bucket seats vs $50-65), but should get you in the ball park. Their axles (complete) prices are about the same with a drum to drum running roughly $125 and disc to disc running $150. You are probably looking at about $35 per axle for single axles.

I have found that when buying a bunch of small stuff, CAP is much better. They tend to deal, whereas Pull and Pay's go by the listed prices, all the time. I've walked out of CAP before, without paying for parts even(they told me not to worry about it) when they are small enough. But the only posted price list is behind the counter at CAP.

I can swing by on Monday though, as I need to get a part off a Ranger they have there anyways. Do you know where the Scout is? What tools required to get a shifter boot off it? I live about 10 minutes from CAP.

Last Online
    September 12th, 2018
    4x4
    Suburban
    User Name
    southpaws3
    Real Name
    Big ED
    Thanks Given

hey scoutman the "price" is by the people they know..... also give gunny a call he sent you a message throught farris survival-gun instructor-he needs a couple set of shocks send me your # again and i'll find out that info you requested !

Last Online
    January 7th, 2020
    4x4
    75 International Scout
    User Name
    scout man
    Real Name
    Steve
    Thanks Given

Speedwagon previously posted:
    "Do you know where the Scout is? What tools required to get a shifter boot off it? I live about 10 minutes from CAP."

YOu just need a phillips screw driver and a 1/2" (i think) ratchet. 4 screws come out of the plastic cover, then two on the top (or jsut break the little piece off, since its a JY) to remove the cover all the wat off the shifter. After that there is a metal ring that sandwiches the gasket against the tranny tunnel cover. There are just 4 bolts holding this together. After that it should just slide up and off the shifter. Thanks a lot!

Last Online
    January 7th, 2020
    4x4
    75 International Scout
    User Name
    scout man
    Real Name
    Steve
    Thanks Given

southpaws3 previously posted:
    "hey scoutman the "price" is by the people they know..... also give gunny a call he sent you a message throught farris survival-gun instructor-he needs a couple set of shocks send me your # again and i'll find out that info you requested !"

314-303-9283

I responded to his PM and havnt heard back. He can call if he wants.

Last Online
    January 7th, 2020
    4x4
    75 International Scout
    User Name
    scout man
    Real Name
    Steve
    Thanks Given

from scrubicon
    "Walk into the yard and make a left at the wheel racks. You're going to be heading west through the lot. It is tucked in with a ton of Cherokees. The Scout is orange."

if you havnt gone already. THanks!

Last Online
    September 12th, 2018
    4x4
    Suburban
    User Name
    southpaws3
    Real Name
    Big ED
    Thanks Given

as you enter colorado parts then exit the door to the yard directly ahead of you is a ford 1ton wrapped around the tree to it's 1/2 left and yours is where the scout is contact tonkatoy 3037810554 so he can help w/the price good luck

Found the scout, didn't find the boot. The whole shifter assembly seemed to be gone already. And they have a sign behind the counter that says whole axle assemblies only, no partials. So might want to check before going to pull an axle shaft. The axles were complete, less one drum it looked like.

Last Online
    January 7th, 2020
    4x4
    75 International Scout
    User Name
    scout man
    Real Name
    Steve
    Thanks Given

cool, thanks for checking for me! That saves a a trip over there to find out that they didnt even have what I needed anyways!