Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Thread: For Sale: Bed and Topper off a 1988 Toyota Pickup

Default For Sale: Bed and Topper off a 1988 Toyota Pickup

Hey guys,

I'm shortly going to be making my truck a flatbed, so I'm looking to sell both the bed, and then the topper I have.

The bed isn't in the greatest shape, with some dents a few spots of rust, but its better then a lot of the ones I've seen driving around. The previous owner drilled some holes in the bed floor, but they aren't very big and I've never had water or mud or anything get in through them. It'll come with the tail gate, but I think I'm gonna keep the tail lights. They both have broken lenses anyways. I have no idea what these are worth, so I'll let ya'll make offers if you want it. Worst case, I'll just scrap it. Oh, and its a 6 foot bed for 1984-88 Toyota Pickup.

The topper is in good shape, if not the prettiest thing. It could use a new paint job, but has no holes or cracks, the windows are intact, and no leaks. It uses a rubber gasket to seal to the back of the cab. Has a couple of battery operated lights inside. Comes with 4 clamps to attach it to the bed. These seem to be going for $250 on craigslist, so I'll start there. Money talks though, so make an offer. Should fit any Toyota Pickup with a 6 foot bed.

Here are some pictures. I'll have better ones that show the bed and topper better tomorrow...

PM me if you are interested in either of these. I'll consider trades for other Toyota stuff too.

JH

Default Re: For Sale: Bed and Topper off a 1988 Toyota Pic

Better pictures....

The clear coat on the topper is pretty much gone from the top edge and across the roof, but the rest is good to go. A couple coats of paint and it will look like new.

YodaJim's said that they normally sell pickup beds in similar condition (a few dents and a few rust spots) for $100-150, so I'll say $100. Sticking with $250 on the Topper, but as always, money talks so make an offer. I'll be putting this up for sale on Craigslist and a couple other sites here soon, so if you are interested let me know asap.

JH

Last Online
    4 Hours Ago
    4x4
    1988 Toyota Pickup Crawler and 1988 Toyota 4runner
    User Name
    Haku
    Real Name
    Josh
    Thanks Given

Default Re: For Sale: Bed and Topper off a 1988 Toyota Pic

Haku previously posted:
    "Better pictures....

The clear coat on the topper is pretty much gone from the top edge and across the roof, but the rest is good to go. A couple coats of paint and it will look like new.

YodaJim's said that they normally sell pickup beds in similar condition (a few dents and a few rust spots) for $100-150, so I'll say $100. Sticking with $250 on the Topper, but as always, money talks so make an offer. I'll be putting this up for sale on Craigslist and a couple other sites here soon, so if you are interested let me know asap.

JH"

This is my thread from a while back before I left FR4x4 and came back, and since Jim got an email about it, both of these items are long gone and sold within a week of me putting this up in 2010. SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

4. The Following Member Says Thanks to Haku For This Post:

Jim (August 23rd, 2013)