Front Range 4x4 Upcoming Trail Runs - Add a New Trail Run

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moab!

Default Moab!

Planning on a trip to Moab in mid March. More details to come later. Anyone interested?

Last Online
    February 15th, 2014
    4x4
    2004 Nissan Xterra
    User Name
    Andrew
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Thanks Given

Default Re: Moab!

I'm interested, but more in the May area. I have some other guys planning an early May trip, as that's what works best for me. I'm hoping they don't change dates on me, but if so I may look at getting some people here together to go.

Last Online
    July 25th, 2013
    4x4
    1989 Toyota Pick-up
    User Name
    CR
    Real Name
    C.R. Athey
    Thanks Given

Might be interested.
    Keep us posted on planning dates.

Yes, very. Went there that time last year and it was awesome. My one requirement be that its not during EJS or Cruise Moab, cause I hate crowds and having to wait to get on a trail. But yeah, I've been wanting to get back there ever since I went last year.

JH

We go when nothing else is going on out there. I hate traffic jams on the trail!

I'm in for BFE for sure, though not sure about Heldorado yet (mostly worried about that exit waterfall). Greenday is a sweet trail that has some really fun obstacles, and the play area is always fun. Heck, its a great place to camp too, if you can deal with no facilities.

I've never ran the Poison Spider trio, so that would be cool to do one day too. I'd run Hells Revenge again, and maybe try some of the big obstacles this time. Whatever works for everyone though, I'm not picky.

JH

The trio is cool, I've been busted up on that twice!

Last Online
    February 15th, 2014
    4x4
    2004 Nissan Xterra
    User Name
    Andrew
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Thanks Given

I won't go to Moab without running Hell's Revenge. Damn I just love that trail.

I'll run it while I'm there for sure!

I would be interested in Late March to early April ...My amost 10 year old son has his spring break then and he has been BEGGING me to take him to MOAB!!

A little Moab weather up date: It snowed all day yesterday and all last night. The snow during the day was a heavy wet snow and didn't accumulate as much. Woke up this morning to 4" - 6" of the white powdery stuff with a layer of wet snow at the bottom. I'm guessing a total of 8" - 9" dropped from the sky. The amazing part was that we had a weeks worth of "warm" (45*+) weather that melted all the snow from the previous months event. Now the cycle starts all over again.

I'm looking to buy a snow blower... unfortunately no one in town sells them... or has EVER sold them. Street department is running out of sand and only doing the main roads. They had a medical emergency on I-70 last night and they couldn't get the ambulance to the scene. Hwy 191 was closed. MANY tractor/trailers jackknifed, cars slid off the road, etc, etc. (I have a scanner).

Crazy weather for Moab. However, old timers talk about much more snow than we've gotten so far. Don't know if that's true or not but for over 20 years I haven't seen it snow this much or even close to it.

Last Online
    February 15th, 2014
    4x4
    2004 Nissan Xterra
    User Name
    Andrew
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Thanks Given

We got a bit of snow in Fort Collins, but nothing much. Seems a system came up from Arizona, through Utah and into Colorado, but by the time it got here we didn't get much. I want more snow!

Wow, Moab winter wonderland! Hopefully it will warm up a little bit by mid March.

I might bring my boys too! I think they would have a blast. I guess it depends on how much trouble I want to get into!
    white collar redneck dad previously posted:
    "I would be interested in Late March to early April ...My amost 10 year old son has his spring break then and he has been BEGGING me to take him to MOAB!!"

I would love to check it out! Any trails my stock burb could run? Just incase i dont have anything done to it or a trail vehicle by then it sounds like a lot of fun!

Wow that's crazy that there is that much snow out there. I wish we could take a long weekend or something to go.

Last Online
    1 Week Ago
    4x4
    4Runner
    User Name
    Chris
    Real Name
    Chris
    Thanks Given

dollnicholas previously posted:
    "I would love to check it out! Any trails my stock burb could run? Just incase i dont have anything done to it or a trail vehicle by then it sounds like a lot of fun!"

Yes, Moab has something for everyone.

Last Online
    February 15th, 2014
    4x4
    2004 Nissan Xterra
    User Name
    Andrew
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Thanks Given

LWB can have issues on some trails in Moab, just due to the steep angles some of that is at.

I'd love to just go see it in the snow, just pack our snowshoes and the dogs.

Whoever goes, look forward to seeing pics.

Update from this morning... moved all the snow from the driveway with a snow shovel. [IMG] [/IMG]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast